Fog Light Relay Question

jaythebaron

I recently purchased a set of hella 500 fog lights and seemed to have misplaced the relay and the power switch. I have a third hella and was thinking about pointing it aft while mounting it to the roll cage using it as a reverse/work light. My question is, will I blow a fuze or fry the relay if I splice a third hella in with the other two? The lights are 55w a piece. I would put a second(new) swicth inline to control the new rear fog light. Does this sound like it would work or totally bomb and fry something?

Thanks,
Jay

you should be ok... i'm running 2 55watt backup lights off the stock reverse light circuit (which is 10 amp in the fuse block..) ... you figure each light will draw 5 amps or less (you said youre running 55w bulbs...and p=e x i. - p=power(watts), e=voltage, i=current (amps)) .. so 55=12 x i... 55/12=4.583 amps ) so a 10 amp circuit will handle it or if you want to run a 20 amp youre better off... the front lites on my jeep are 500's and never had a problem - as for the switch and relay - just go to autozone or the like and get a wiring kit... i have 2or 3 xtra but the shipping would be more than they cost = sorry if i babbled a bit but i'm typing this thru the beer filter and it tends to make thing ramble on... hope it helps tho...

Back