Follow Me! Jeeps for Jesus =)

grrnmo

A "Jeep-inspired" Daily Bread devotional for Wednesday, March 5:

"During World War II, B-17 bombers made long flights from the US mainland to the Pacific island of Saipan. When they landed there, the planes were met by a Jepp bearing the sign: 'Follow Me!' That little vehicle guided the giant planes to their assigned places in the parking area.

One pilot, who by his own admission was nto a religious man, made an insightful comment: 'That little Jeep with its quaint sign always reminds me of Jesus. He was [a lowly] peasant, but the giant men and women of our time would be lost without His direction.'"

edited by: grrnmo, Mar 15, 2003 - 11:04 PM[addsig]

"Follow Me" is also the slogan/battle-cry of the Army Infantry :cool: [addsig]

B Company, 4/23rd Infantry Of the 172nd Infantry Brigade Fort Richardson Ak, and Hq. Company of Headquarters unit of the 1st Calvary Fort Hood Texas. Jesus and the Infantry what a combination we have here. tug :-D [addsig]

i did 2 years at fort richardson, alaska 1992 to 1994. I wish i had my jeep then..... :) [addsig]

Tug, you're 11B? Me too :-O 13 weeks at Sand Hill, Ft. Benning, GA, then 2 years at Ft. Lewis, WA. Graduated AIT in '90 just as the ground war was getting started :-D [addsig]

11B you bet Air Assualt repel for choppers then Ski out, and I spent two years at Fort Richardson Ak as well what a small world. Was in 9/24/78 to 9/24/81 just as the pee in the cup please testing was starting hehehehehe. I was in the Mountain Rescue and considered a one of 4 on base Resident Alpine Mountaineering and Survival Experts. "Fancy name for a fool who loves high places where it is cold"! I loved Alaska and have two daughters that still live in the Anchorage area. Tug

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Mar 18, 2003 - 08:03 PM[addsig]

I was in the Nat'l Guard after active duty and my guard unit went Air Assault. That was one fun high-speed guard unit, even went to Aruba and trained with the Dutch Marines :-O Now there's a service I'd love to join :lol: [addsig]

Canadian Army Grunts know how to party and The Finnish Army X Country Ski and Shoot like nobodys business. Got to train with both at the Northern Warfare Tranning Grounds Ft. Greely Alaska. Inland Water Navagation, Glascier Travle, and Rock Climbing. Blast too. We have got to get together and hack this all out. We will have fun. We may wind up in jail. Ho ra! Tug[addsig]

Whats up Gireen. I have nothing but respect for you guys. Tug[addsig]

Back