for robrt-stephens

Re: RE: Suggestions...

i think the whole thing about it takes a lot of good to make up for one turn of bad is in play here. because a couple guys on pirate like to flame hardcore, it is the same people all the time. whenever i catch a newb post over there before it has been nuked by flaming, i tell them what it is and to get put their flame suit on and be careful.

like i pointed out earlier, their memberlist is 1300+ pages long. tell me that every single person there is flaming all the newbs. yes pirate has a reputation as being rough but its because they play rough. i wont defend their flaming methods that they let go on, but i think the moderators over there see it as being unrestricted and much more hardcore than ju or something. pirate is an infinite wealth of wheeling information for those who like to wheel hard and do everything on their own so comparing it to here is not even an equivocal comparison.

its like saying "i want to go see slayer or iron maiden and be in the crowd but i dont want to get hurt"
the answer to that is, "well stay on the outskirts or suck it up and be smart about it"

I guess I'm missing something then. He was over there telling people to come to his place (he gave out his address and everything) so he could kill them, "pop their knee caps off" (which he claims he has done to people before), and all sorts of crazy stuff. If you read all that he posted over there, you'd think there was something seriously wrong with him.

Junkpile, I do step in sometimes if I feel they're not just some idiot that's coming over there to post a dumb question on purpose...trying to get a rise out of everyone. And, there are many others that do the same.

Laneiac, sorry for cutting the sentence in half in that quote. I fixed it for you.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

wrangles, who was tellin people to come to their place so he could pop off their knee caps?

just for kicks, i figured id throw this in. i found this in one of the threads on pirate about robrt

So Robert, do you like it here or not? One minute you are bad mouthing all of us, saying we can't even write a sentence correctly. (and maybe some of us can't or don't feel the need to) You are asking to be banned, yet, keep coming back posting here. I would really like to see you stay as long as you douche the sand out of your vanaynay. Just by looking over your website, you appear to be a very talented individual with a lot of creative ideas and such. I think you could bring many interesting conversations to this forum...if/when you just relax a bit. Take it all in fun.
It's just the retardaweb. Don't sweat the small stuff.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346342

heres another about vex that was a somewhat positive attempt by a pirate member
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346047

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

Well I read a long thread with an exchange between both parties, and I'll say everyone showed their ugly side but that was on
Pirate and as far as I am concerned it wasn't much different than the first time I visited that site and searched around.

The way I see it, anyone that wishes to be here is welcome here, be it me, you, Robert or anyone from Pirate4x4, so long as they leave the "Pirate motif" at Pirate 4x4.

Now for a hopefully last word about Pirate4x4... Visit them if you like, avoid them if you don't. Simple.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

currupt4130 said:
wrangles, who was tellin people to come to their place so he could pop off their knee caps?

Robert.

That kind of stuff is why I'm being so defensive about this whole deal.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

TwistedCopper said:

The way I see it, anyone that wishes to be here is welcome here, be it me, you, Robert or anyone from Pirate4x4, so long as they leave the "Pirate motif" at Pirate 4x4.

Now for a hopefully last word about Pirate4x4... Visit them if you like, avoid them if you don't. Simple.

Very well said, TC. It's as simple as not typing the URL for the site. Just like changing the channel when "Touched by an Angel" comes on. (Judge to toddler: "Now, Kenny, using this doll, illustrate for the jury just where this angel touched you.")

I gotta go with Mud on this one, too. My view: what fun is there in wheeling a rig that you know can climb over anything in it's path? Having the money, resources, and know how to build a rig like that would take all of the challenge out of everything. To me, knowing that I'm just a hair over stock with my mudders is enough of a thrill when I approach an obstacle to keep it fun with a bit of tedium and apprehension that I may not make it. Yeah, I'll eventually get a lift and a few more mods to help me over or through bigger and better obstacles, but not so much that I'll never fear getting stuck again. I have tons more respect for those wheelers that have the 2, 3, and 4" lifts (or none at all), tires no bigger than 35 or 36", and mostly stock 4 or 6 cylinder engines, because even with the upper end of those mods, they are still living on the edge whenever they go off road, and it takes a helluva lot more knowledge, experience, skill, and courage to get their rigs back home again. Kill a sparrow with a BB gun, and you've accomplished something. Kill one with a bazooka and you're just wasting my oxygen.

Intelligent and highly creative fabbers, engineers, and designers over at Peerat 4x4 don't mean squat if they allow the aforementioned "trailer trash" crowd to dish out that level of flaming to newbs. If any of those "brilliant" people there were worth their salt, they wouldn't allow that for a second. There is absolutely no reason they can't treat everyone there the same way we treat our guests and members here....none whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, if they condone that behaviour, be it through commission or omission, they are worthless, despite the amount of technical know-how they possess.

Nuff sed.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

wrangles, im follwing you on this whole deal, i believe both parties were at fault, however i wont side specifically with either one because neither one has been any detriment to me yet.

sparky, i admire that you enjoy challenging yourself, because you are just like me, i think i might be a little harder on my stuff but thats a personal thing. im soa and runnin 35's, and i try so much stuff its ridiculous. but having driven with a comp buggy, and a couple rigs on 39s ive seen the stuff that theyre capable of doing and it makes me crave it even more. just the superb engineering that allows those rigs to go almost anywhere makes it that much more fun because you can take the most insane lines, at least for me tahts whats fun, going big and making it.

also as far as the trash at pirate, think of it like a subruban household. when you walk in the door your greeted by the obnoxious kids who are a pain the butt, run around screaming etc (im not insunitating that your kids are like that, just in general terms) but once you get in the house you find out that the father is a doctor, the mother is an accomplished lawyer, and they just dont quiiiiite have their kids undercontrol because theyre very busy or just dont care

RE: Offroading Vid

Wrangles, your right, obviously you have read the entire correspondence between both parties, I have not. So my bad for chiming in on the whole thing.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

currupt4130 said:
also as far as the trash at pirate, think of it like a subruban household. when you walk in the door your greeted by the obnoxious kids who are a pain the butt, run around screaming etc (im not insunitating that your kids are like that, just in general terms) but once you get in the house you find out that the father is a doctor, the mother is an accomplished lawyer, and they just dont quiiiiite have their kids undercontrol because theyre very busy or just dont care

Now that is a very good way of explaining it :wink: . I've been trying to think of a way to explain it...but you just hit it right there.

Pinion yoke nut size

And, like Pirate, a place I would visit only once! There's a million doctors and lawyers out there.

RE: Offroading Vid

currupt4130 said:
because you are just like me, i think i might be a little harder on my stuff but thats a personal thing. im soa and runnin 35's, and i try so much stuff its ridiculous. but having driven with a comp buggy, and a couple rigs on 39s ive seen the stuff that theyre capable of doing and it makes me crave it even more. just the superb engineering that allows those rigs to go almost anywhere makes it that much more fun because you can take the most insane lines, at least for me tahts whats fun, going big and making it.
First of all you said you were the same, yet different. Which is it?

Second of all "making it" because your in a tube buggy is lame. "Making it"with your DD is a real rush.

well i agree with wrangles about being defensive of pirate, but im not taking defined sides, just trying to be fair about it.

and trust me dic k, i know about a rush and making it in my rig, i almost rolled 4 times at guardrail at tellico (not because i was being stupid, but just because it can be a nasty obstacle) and then made it up it after all that. ive seen guys running bigger than me take the bypass on it because they didnt want to mess with it.

and making it in a tube buggy is not lame my friend, when your obstacles become boulders the sizes of trucks, downhill slopes steeper than 45 or 50 degrees, crevaces big enough to loose a volkswagen in, 4 foot vertical ledges, i do believe you get quite a rush. and even though they have great engineering, there is no way they can just walk right over the obstacles that are challenging to them. there will always be something challenging for every walk of wheeling, be it buggys or stock jeeps. yes a buggy will waltz over a lot of stuff challenging for a jeep on 33's, but what those guys see as a trail we dont even give a second glance after noting "wow those rocks are big".

i drive my dd on the trail, and if you dont believe me look at my avatar. what thrills me may not thrill other people but i perpetually want something harder and more difficult to challenge me. if it gets to the point i need a buggy to satisfy that, then so be it, ill do it but your right i dont think anything can replace the rush of driving your dd on the trail and trying stuff you just saw a cj on 39's and one tons almost die on. there really is something to be said for a modified jeep with bolt on mods and a good driver, and i believe thats the category most people fall into on this forum (no offense intended at all).

so please, trust me when i say that ive had plenty of "rushes" in my DD.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

im not even going to justify that with any argument, thank you for belittling yourself

Hey guys, this is a huge misunderstanding.

Nobody was name calling. The words "fuzzy bunny", is what the profanity filter turned Mr. Wilderness's first name name into. currupt4130 was just saying his name.

The D word will be changed into Fuzzy bunny...just an FYI.

Kinda funny really. :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

ya, I didn't really think Corrupt would actually call him "fuzzy bunny".....

Back