Fuel Issues

NoVaJeepFF

So I am now the proud owner of a Bad *** YJ that I got off a friend who was hitting hard times. the Jeep is a rebuild and when I got it the electrical wiring was half complete. Brought it to an off-road shop where they completed the wiring for me. Jeep started upon completion of the wiring job but has been sitting for a while as I needed more money for exhaust, tires and bumpers. Well now the jeep will not start, it will turn over but seems to not be getting gas. Oh and the fuel gauge is not working. I dropped the tank last night and found a few things. One of the two vapor ports on top of the tank is missing, and non of the hoses attached to the ports are hooked to anything. Where do they go? The fuel sending unit has 3 electrical wires ( Red, black and Orange) the orange one is not hooked up to anything. Found a wire (Painless harness by the way) in the cab area that says fuel pump. IS this wire for an electric fuel pump or is it for the fuel pump on the sending unit? (The Orange wire?) I have a mechanical pump off the motor that is pretty much brand new. I also found that of the 2 fuel ports coming off the sending unit, only one had a hose hooked to it and the other was just capped. Do both need to be attached to something? I don't know where else to look for the issues I am have. Any help is great, thank you.

it ran, you let it sit, now a no start - what did you work on, touch, change?

What year? YJ @(87-95)

mechanical pump ?

Its a 92, has an edelbrock mechanical fuel pump, I didn't touch change or work on anything. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Carberated [/FONT]as well.

Back