gears

flyboy

Does anyone know what gears come in an 87 yj with a 2.5L. And if the front and rear have to be the same?<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>do it in the mud!![addsig]

if you intend on going in 4 wheel drive... you'll want both front and rear to be the same

[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Does anyone know what gears come in an 87 yj with a 2.5L. And if the front and rear have to be the same?>> <<do it in the mud!!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

4.11 gears front and rear.[addsig]

well the 2.5l has 4.10s in the front and rear. I thank that the 4.0s has 3.73 in the front and rear. I hope that helps[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>well the 2.5l has 4.10s in the front and rear. I thank that the 4.0s has 3.73 in the front and rear. I hope that helps</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, big help since he was only asking about the 2.5L. The 4.0L has many options besides the 3.73, and the 2.5L automatics came with 3.73, so it's a bit complicated. Since there were no autos made behind the 2.5L in '87, must be 4.11 gears
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back