GoOd ByE for now friends.

Ben_Jamin

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey... its been a while sence i posted.
For those of you who dont remember... i arrived a while ago nagging loads of introductory leval questions about jeeps because i was extremly intrested in getting one. Well.. i almost did.
I had a great dream jeep picked out.. a great Jeep Cherokee with only 46k miles on it. 2000.. really nice.

I was about to buy it. Then i went to get my insurance quote.
Well... It seems that if i want a jeep i need to be prepared to pay close to (or over) $6,000 a year... on insurance...

It hurts... but thats just not possible... I have been praying God would give me a big red light if this wasnt his will... because i was sure to miss any other warning Save the blunt NO... (i really wanted a jeep)

So... im going to look for a diffrent vehicle... something i can afford... i mean i could have easly paid off the jeep... just full coverage isnt happening when your an 18 yr. old male. Sigh

Anyways... when im old enough (Sigh) i plan to re-join this family... hope i can still get a decient Cherokee... im not a fan of Grand cherokees... Wrangers... or Libritys... my PERSONAL prefrence was always Cherokee... anyways... Iwill come back to read the responces.. then i will be out.. you can e-mail me at ChaosProne@yahoo .com
Thanks for your friendships... i wont forget my time here.

insurance can be a hellpackage... i know how it is... its terrible how insurance companies are allowed to discriminate agains us males... but... they are insurance companies... them, tobacco companies and breweries rule the world.

Ain't no rule that you have to OWN a Jeep to be a part of the family....some of us started out here owning nothing but a golf cart LOL. I hope that you will continue to be a part of our little group here, as your friendship and posts would be greatly missed

PASmokeater makes a great point. I was on these types of websites years before I actually bought my first jeep.

That's $500 a month! Who gave you that quote, an old crack head on the street corner? You need to switch to GEICO or something. I have 3 vehicles and a boat insured and it's only about $200 a month. (2 vehicles are full coverage)
Like they said above, just get an older Jeep Cherokee and get the minimum insurance required (liability).

You need to shop insurance. Even if you are high risk it should not be that much. Find a new insurance copany, and get an older Cherokee. Both will bring that down a lot.

either way you're more than welcome here.. I started here with a Mazda pickup and was welcomed...

Just remember, all Jeepers drive Jeeps. Just some of them drive them in their hearts, and some drive them on the road. Stick around, you don't need a Jeep just to hang out here. Yeah, I know insurance sucks when you're young. I bought a brand new Toyota 4wd when I was 21, and paid $3600 a year in insurance for 5 years.....more than twice what I paid for the truck itself. By the time it was paid off, I dropped it to liability, had gotten older, and only paid $900 a year. When I sold it last fall, I was paying $150 a year for it.

Like I said, you don't have to have a Jeep to be a Jeeper. Stay here and learn what you can for when you do get that Jeep. Besides, you never know what's right around the corner!

www.progressive.com

That's who to go to when all others hate you and you need a better quote. I used them when I was young, single, and had a lead foot. They saved me alot of coin.

Jeep or no Jeep, you're welcome here

Oh, and Snitty - The banks rule and own the world.

Unless you have had about a dozen DUI's, you shouldn't have to pay anywhere near that much for insurance. I am guessing at age 18 you haven't had time to do enough damage to your driving record to result in that kind of fee. Shop around. You shouldn't have to pay 1/4 of that.

Ya, I'm 17 and the insurance for my Jeep, which is just liability, is about $70 a month. That's just for the Jeep, and some of my other vehicles are a little more

Wheels for 81 CJ7

Some of the older guys know how I started out on jeepz. :lol: And I am still around and kicking after a year. I was on here before I even bought my jeep. Stick around man. You dont need a jeep to hang out.

Utah_jeepster said:
graewulf said:
either way you're more than welcome here.. I started here with a Mazda pickup and was welcomed...
Actually Gra we still hold that against ya...lol

yeah, yeah, yeah... i should buy another one just so Ican put "jeep recovery vehicle" on the side.. lol

Where abouts are you located? I have a 84 XJ that I would trade for a set of stock tires for my wife's ZJ. Needs a transmission,tune-up, and lots of TLC but its really cheap to insure. For the price they quoted you on insurance you could afford to modify anyway you want.

Back