Got a chuckle, had to share with ya'll

RE: 1994 Jeep 350 swap

I think he speaks for everyone who doesn't drive rice. There is a place for racing, and it's not the streets. Go to the track if you want to race, then at least you'll know the other people want to race you.

RE: Got a chuckle, had to share with ya

I have mixed feelings about them. I happen to enjoy it when a riced out fart-can equipped FWD that couldn't run a 16 second quarter mile if he was being chased by a pack of rabid dogs pulls up beside me and revs. On the other hand, I hate those cars and they are good for nothing but light entertainment, and I get tired of them very quickly. Doing their little limpwristed "roll racing" because they can't launch, and then doing high speed fly-bys after they lose......punks.

RE: sway bar

I feel the same way Junkpile! I think it's pretty funny watching them drive around and try to race everyone. The ones that take that stuff really seriously are even funnier too!

I had a friend with a honda accord (this was in high school) that we would just trash. It had no mufflers, we lowered it about 8" so it sat right on the ground, and all that other good "ricer" stuff. Then, we would drive around and hit speed bumps at about 25mph just to see the sparks fly and see how many parts we could loose!! That thing actually was pretty fast though! It was all good until we were sliding around 90* corner at about 45 and hit the curb and rolled it (that was actually pretty fun though!).

New generation of kids with a different version of the toys we played with. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand ricers but hey at least the kids are into hobbies instead of sitting around frying their heads.

RE: Got a chuckle, had to share with ya

Too funny, roundlights!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 'Specially liked the part about the spoiler on the front wheel drive! :lol: :lol: And very good point, TC. Nothin' wrong with toys!!

I'd still like to be there when one of 'em pulls up next to Junkpile! 8)

Go Jeeps!!!!!!!!

TC, I see what you are saying, and for those that actually are trying to make their imports run.....more power to them. Some of those guys are just flat out flying and deserve the respect that they have earned. My problem is with the guys rolling around in factory 1.6 liter fwd go-carts with big wings, loud mufflers, shiny stickers, and bad attitudes.

ya, I think some of those cars aren't all that bad looking...if they are done right. The problem is, most of the people building them have no taste in what looks good and clean.

TC, you make a good point...as long as they don't fry their heads and drive at the same time :shock: .

And plus, if everyone else had the exact same hobby and taste in vehicles, everything would be pretty boring :wink:

MY FAVORITE IS THE ONES WHO ARE TRYING TO GET INTO "SLIDING". wE HAD 3 OF THEM CRASH INTO EACH OTHER IN THE MALL PARKING LOT LAST YEAR. i LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF. BEST PART FOR ME WAS THE MALL SECUIRTY GUARD WHO CALLED IN THE I-D-10-T'S FILMED EVERYTHING. THEN JUST WHEN I PULLED INTO THE PARKING LOT I WAS TOLD BY MY DISPATCHER THAT THEY COLLIDED.

dropseys said:
MY FAVORITE IS THE ONES WHO ARE TRYING TO GET INTO "SLIDING". wE HAD 3 OF THEM CRASH INTO EACH OTHER IN THE MALL PARKING LOT LAST YEAR. i LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF. BEST PART FOR ME WAS THE MALL SECUIRTY GUARD WHO CALLED IN THE I-D-10-T'S FILMED EVERYTHING. THEN JUST WHEN I PULLED INTO THE PARKING LOT I WAS TOLD BY MY DISPATCHER THAT THEY COLLIDED.

It's called "drifting" :wink:

Too funny, I reposted it on the Los Angeles Craigslist. LA is the "ricer" capital of the world. There are some pretty nice ones out there that I'm sure are darn fast even in proper race conditions but the majority are just wannabees (or however you want to spell that). Even more irritating, I don't know if this is just an LA thing or not, is the people who have "whistlers" welded into their exhaust tip. Essentially the car (or usually minivan it seems like) whistles under acceleration. Just brutal. And exceedingly loud and piercing, especially since I have the top off all the time.

ok so i see all of your points (espesialy the ones on hondas lol.) But, what about the RX7, MR2, NSX, RSX,WRX (my personal fav.), lancer EVO, silvia, skyline, S2000, you know the genuinly fast japanies built cars. oh and that guys Jeep would probly beat that honda. and the wings on the back of a front wheel drive car does do alot of good. you know if your not dragracing. thats not what these cars were intended for. these morons that drag on the street are drivers that realy dont know how to drive. these cars were ment to be taken to the track and run the hole thing lap after lap, not just the front strait. im not a huge fan of drag racing (hay lets drive in a strait line nur) i want to hang corners the way track corners are suposed to be taken. as for them moron street racers, dont thay realize we here in portland have a world famous track called PIR (portland international raceway). go race 50 laps there, and win then tell me your fast. usualy in the summer that track is open to the public on weekends. hay thay even have driving schools there, how bout that.

anyway im done ranting now ill shut up.

Back