grand cherokee very unstable

bewildered

Re: RE: Re: New addition to the family...

can someone give me some suggestions as to why my 1999 grand cherokee lorado feels so unstable? I have had it aligned, all new front suspension, new shocks, rear suspension looks good. It just feels like it's floating all over the road and has to be steered constantly. Please help!!!

what do you mean by "feels unstable"? has something changed in the way it feels or has it always felt this way since you've owned it?

i bought the vehicle at an auction. I had all the rear end gears and bearings replaced because of a grinding noise. It has always felt like this since i purchased it. it just feels as if it's dipping and swaying all the time.

Welcome to Jeepz.

Have you inspected the swaybars and track bars? What about slop in the steering box? Have somebody turn the steering wheel back and forth while you inspect all the steering components, paying special attention to the front track bar. Have the friend bounce the steering wheel back and forth off of full lock while you watch both ends of the track bar.

Grand Cherokee's ride different from most vehicles, but it shouldn't really feel unstable.

RE: got sumn super cool for yall yuppies

My 99 is completely solid on the road. There is something wrong going on.

RE: Wax stains on plastic parts

do all the body pannals line up good. if i remember right thay are unibody and can get scewed easaly. a tweeked body can make it very unstable.

This thing really has me puzzled.. I checked and/or replaced everything you suggested with no improvement.. The ride feels almost like when a shock is broken and you're riding on the coil spring. It's that type of dipping sensation. C'mon guys, don't fail me on this!!

Did you also check the tie rod ends?
If everything looks good then I would have your local mechanic put her up on a frame lift to check the lower and upper control arm bushings. At this same time check the front wheel bearings.

Did you also check the tie rod ends?
If everything looks good then I would have your local mechanic put her up on a frame lift to check the lower and upper control arm bushings. At this same time check the front wheel bearings.

I've rebuilt the whole front end. Everything is new there. The tires are new and properly inflated. It feels as if it's the rear that's causing the problem. I don't see any bushing problems but that is the only thing that hasn't been replaced. I love this Jeep but I'm really starting to hate driving it because of this problem. I just feel beat up after driving it for any distance. Thanks for your help guys.

Is the rear swaybar still installed? check the rear suspension, it could be your problem. Also, check the control arm bushings. Another thing to check is wheel bearings - slop there could cause the wheels to move funny.

Back