Handguns

That first picture is the 5" model isnt it?

Oh and for anyone who wants to look more into the XD, here's a pretty good forum thats all about them. http://www.xdtalk.com/
Just remember that like this site, your going to read about all kinds of problems even though problems arent really that common. Its just that most people never post just to say "Mine has always worked flawlessly, just wanted to update that" :D

The biggest testimony I've seen for the XD to sway me that way was their DVD that came with my brother's 9mm. They put that gun through hell and back and it still fired just as accurately and consistently as it did right out of the box!:shock:

They do have a lifetime warrenty on the XD's, and the link I posted before talkes about them putting the gun thru hell and back, fired 20,000 rounds thru it, 1500, with no oil or grease, filled it with sand, threw it off a cliff loaded to see if it would misfire, and a ton of other things. It trully is a AWSOME!! gun.

They do have a lifetime warrenty on the XD's, and the link I posted before talkes about them putting the gun thru hell and back, fired 20,000 rounds thru it, 1500, with no oil or grease, filled it with sand, threw it off a cliff loaded to see if it would misfire, and a ton of other things. It trully is a AWSOME!! gun.

I liked the part where they ran over it with the tank in the mud, picked it up, shook the mud off of it, and emptied the clip! Just AWESOME!:D

It's pretty good, they also freeze it into a block of ice and then break it out and keep shooting it. Crazy

Well what an awesome topic. My thought on the subject is, I like revolvers myself over my semi's, Thats just me, my buddy will says the opposite and says my revolvers are cannons ( he rides a Yamaha). They can sit loaded for ever, no springs to wear out and they do, easy to clean, Load and with the right grips still concealable. I would carry, if it were legal in California, a .357..If it were legal to defend myself in California I would say I carry one daily but I would do it with .38 rounds in it..all my revolvers are very accurate . Of course the semi's are the newest thing and due to the semi action don't kick nearly as much.
Be very familar with your weapons as should those around you (wife?) and know where it is at ALL times.. Guns don't kill people, people kill people, Or I have very well behaved guns because they have never even pointed themselfs at someone and if one of them do I will be there to make that decision. Seems to me , If your ready for something, well something seems to avoid you. Like if you carry and extra axle with you, you will not break an axle . Just do'nt let it get away from you . Locks and A safe are my best freinds. I raised 4 kids and had my house robbed once , Nobody (I hope) can get into my safe, they tried but they got my wire feed welder and a generator though and some of my wifes sh**. At least they can't kill some store clerk with them, they are just lucky I was at the river for that week. Anyway secure yourself and those around you safely.

Gun owner all my life, went shooting last weekend and jeepin.....

But i do like the BASEBALL bat thing I keep one by my front door and in my motorhome, It just seems it would feel so satisfying useing it if needed.. Again thats just a personal Fantasy of mine . ROB (hit) my (hit) house (hit) will ya(hit) and so-on and so-n and so-on, but then my wife would shoot his freinds and maybe him, she likes pump action shotguns . I think the pump action might scare them off (good or bad depends on how you look at it) ! She do'nt like most my handguns cept the 22s. She does get all excited shootin one of the 30.06 and thats funny with her at 125 lbs. gotta love it

1989hog i don't know about Cali but in TN and i'm pretty sure most states it's legal to carry a pistol in your motorhome without a license. It's considered a home not a vehicle. But i'd check your local laws first i just know that's the way it is around here.

I have many handguns, but I have three that I use as CCW varying on where I go and when I go. The one I carry the most is the 4 in XD 40, great and accurate pistol that is so easy to breakdown, but it is heavy when you slam that full mag into her. Second is a CZ PO-1 9mm, a tad smaller than the XD and just as accurate, however, it's a little more difficult to break down. When I am lazy or in the summer when it's very hot, I have a small LLama micro-max 380, it looks just like a 1911 only scaled down dramatically, not as accurate as the other two, and only holds 7 rounds, but very nice and very easy to carry. I don't ever want to pull any gun to use, but if I have to, I want to make sure the sucker stays on the ground when I'm finished. The best way for you to compare is to find a range that has many different pistols you can rent and shoot them until you get a feel for what type you are looking for. I have a small hand so I am picky.
Sparky, just remember if you go with a wheel gun, many states will only allow you to carry a wheel gun if that is what you use during the class and range, but if you go with a semi, you can carry both.

Here is one reason why I carry, this Luby's is now reopened as a chinese buffet. Luby's tried to reopen after this horrible day, but could not stay in business. By the way, this is about 4 miles from my house and the day he did this was secretary's day or something of that nature where many of the killeen ISD people were there eating. I know a couple that survived by hiding under one of the tables.

Luby's massacre
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
On October 16, 1991 in Killeen, Texas, a man named George Hennard drove his 1987 Ford Ranger truck into a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen Texas, yelled "This is what Bell County has done to me!" then opened fire on the restaurant's patrons and staff with a Glock 17 and later a Ruger P89. He killed 23 people and wounded 20 before he killed himself. Only the work of a large man breaking through a window allowed the rest of the patrons to escape. One noted exception was a mother and her 4-year-old child, who Hennard allowed to leave. Though Hennard was shot several times by police, only when he ran out of victims did Hennard walk to the rear of the seating area and take his own life with a gunshot to the head.

It should be noted that many of the patrons, such as Suzanna Hupp, had firearms in their vehicles but by law were not allowed to carry them on their person. Survivors and family of the victims, with the help of the media, were successful in moving lawmakers to consider the concept of conceal carry permits for citizens. As a direct result of this massacre, in 1995 Texas lawmakers, led by Suzanna Gratia Hupp (whose parents were both killed in the massacre), passed a law after the veto of former Governor Ann Richards that allowed Texas citizens to obtain a concealed carry handgun permit in part as a reaction against the massacre. Soon after, many states considered similar weapon permits for law-abiding citizens.

[edit] Victims

I can't remember this exactly, but I read it somewhere. It states that if guns do kill people, then we should be able to blame our bad handwriting on our pencils. Or something like that. Getting late here, off to bed. Take Care, KJ

1989hog i don't know about Cali but in TN and i'm pretty sure most states it's legal to carry a pistol in your motorhome without a license. It's considered a home not a vehicle. But i'd check your local laws first i just know that's the way it is around here.

Yes in the Motorhome or the house its all good , well I just dont worry much about it anyway I'm for the most part a law bideing citizen now-a-days. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 . So what I really do may slightly differ from some things ya know. ya never know about them car jackers . OH a jeep jacker would be suprised huh... among various other things in life , but ya know we can't even legally carry a bat in a car cause it can be used as a weapon , now if ya got a ball and glove with you and you can convince the nice officer your intentions are to play ball then your good. I think that was one of the times I got pulled over as a party animal teen about 25 years ago . I had a t ball bat, no glove no ball the cop broke the bat but let me go .... Hammers are good tools too, and every jeep should have an AX, shovel and various other hand tools handy to the driver. as should cars too. never know maybe a tree will fall on your toyota tercel while your in Walmarts parking lot... to tell ya the truth I feel i'm just a little old (and well armed) to be chaseing fools around with a bat or ax , but it does sound fun huh.. we can start walking around with an ax , when the nice guy at the gas station says " whats up with the ax?" say "well guns are now illegal for law bideing citizens and all the criminals got'em so I carry an ax now". oh now I'm getting carried away........

Opening myself to much flaming, but I don't really care..............
The only purpose I've ever seen for handguns is to shoot people - something I never intend on doing. There's enough killin' going on in this world without me helping out. I've got a couple shotguns and a single-shot .22 - and if my family gets hungry I'll shoot something and we'll eat it. Other than that, I really have no use for firearms.....although it is fun shooting bullseyes, bottles, etc.....like I said before, there's enough killin' going on without me helpin' out.
If someone threatens my family, I'll kick the **** out of them with my baseball bat or they'll shoot me and kill me. So be it. I refuse to live in fear.

Flame on, I don't really care.

Hoping for a better world,
mud

Communist Pinko! Go back to China you hippie!

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

I can't remember this exactly, but I read it somewhere. It states that if guns do kill people, then we should be able to blame our bad handwriting on our pencils. Or something like that. Getting late here, off to bed. Take Care, KJ

It just burns me when someone says guns kill. A girl I knew once called a hollow point she saw in my truck a cop killer bullet OMG.... well the girl got an earfull from me, how stupid some people can be. Thinking like that, cars are real killers

FACTS TO PONDER:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

(Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year,
all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>
Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on

lawyers for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention

***That was sent to me by a caring family member when I was going through chemo, 1989hog

Opening myself to much flaming, but I don't really care..............
The only purpose I've ever seen for handguns is to shoot people - something I never intend on doing. There's enough killin' going on in this world without me helping out. I've got a couple shotguns and a single-shot .22 - and if my family gets hungry I'll shoot something and we'll eat it. Other than that, I really have no use for firearms.....although it is fun shooting bullseyes, bottles, etc.....like I said before, there's enough killin' going on without me helpin' out.
If someone threatens my family, I'll kick the **** out of them with my baseball bat or they'll shoot me and kill me. So be it. I refuse to live in fear.

Flame on, I don't really care.

Hoping for a better world,
mud

Ahh yes the old adage. Somehow a woman raped and murdered is morally superior to the shooting of a rapist and murderer.
Hopefully you will never need to defend yourself in your fictional world.

Here is a small part of my collection of handguns. Surprisingly not a one of them has jumped up and shot anyone.

guns003-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh, the sort of flaming I was expecting for expressing my opinion (albeit in, probably, an inappropriate place....sorry, guys)......
Ahh yes the old adage. Somehow a woman raped and murdered is morally superior to the shooting of a rapist and murderer.

?????????? How you associate that statement with my post is beyond me.:?

Hopefully you will never need to defend yourself in your fictional world.

"Fictional world"????????????? Give me a break!! Is it fictional because I choose to live without fear?? I've done quite well for 53 years, so I believe I'll just keep on keepin' on, thank you.

Here is a small part of my collection of handguns. Surprisingly not a one of them has jumped up and shot anyone.

guns003-1.jpg

4 handguns!! I guess that's one for each hand and one for each foot?? Sorry, that was a cheap shot......

I'm out, guys.....sorry I even dared express an opinion. It wasn't really what TC was looking for originally (I believe he was asking for "advice") so I really shouldn't have posted at all. Carry on!!......................

Peace to all,
mud

I'm out, guys.....sorry I even dared express an opinion. It wasn't really what TC was looking for originally (I believe he was asking for "advice") so I really shouldn't have posted at all. Carry on!!......................

Peace to all,
mud

Don't let him get under your skin, Mud. Some folks just can't seem to express themselves without being rude.:roll: I didn't see anything wrong with the way you expressed your opinion, no accusatory remarks against those of us who do like our guns. Really, I respect your point of view, and always have. But, as others have said, so long as you don't try to take my guns away, it's all good!8) Sounds to me like Josh has an axe to grind, and unfortunately he mistook you as a grinding wheel.:lol:

Back