hei dizzy

jakec

i just put a hei distributor from smithperformance on my yj and damn what a difference! runs smoother, drives better, and better gas mileage.

Link?
I find page after page of smiths in the engine performance industry but....

man if you can tell me how to link something i will, im not too good with computors. on ebay i searched 258 i6 hei distributor and it was on there. 64 bucks shipped to the door with a lifetime warranty.

While viewing the page to want to link to the forum right click on the address up in the address bar, then left click "select all", then while the cursor is still over what is now highlighted right click once more and left click "copy".

Move the cursor to the reply window and right click wherever you want to paste the address, right click and select "paste".

Word of caution, many of the cheap import HEI's have had issue with hardened or mismatched gear alignment. Many cam drive gears as well as engines have been lost with their use.

A common recommendation has been to attempt to drill a tiny hole into the dist. gear in a test of hardness. As to the possibility of misalignment keep a close watch on wear.

Best of luck.

dang man that dont sound good. i read some reviews and it was mostly good but i guess thats easy enough to rig. ill check on it. thanks for the info man.

I just purchased a crt hei plugs and wires, I emailed them and they said the dizzy woul come with the proper gear. su hopefully that problem has been cured. I hope!

Keep a close eye on the gear for wear.
More than once the hardness of the gear has been suspect and claimed to be corrected, then gear alignment came into question, abnormal dist drive gear wear became the norm.

Maybe all is well with it now.....

damn yall got me thinkin i got took. maybe it is too good to be true. how do i check the wear?i guess i just pull out the distributor and look at the gear but i dont know what the pattern is supposed to be. could you change out the gear if it is bad?

A lot of guys talk about the excess were. But after talking with guys that claim this, I have found them not using a gasket on the dist. I always double up my gaskets and I never encountered were. You can always out the gear from your old dist onto the new one!

Back