height of YJ after lift?

happy024

I am getting ready to put a Black diamond 3.5 lift kit on my 95 YJ with 33" BF all T/A's. And was wondering if any one knows how high it will make the top of my soft top. Just want to make sure I'm not going to be hitting my Garage door.
thanks for the help

If that's all your worried about you probably will. Just park you Jeep under the door and measure to see if you have 6". That will be your minmum.

Sometimes I brought mine in to work on it but I had to deflate the tires and lower the top.

Thanks for the help measured it and have 5.5" clearacne now with stock susp. and 30" tires.
So hopefully I will be OK

2.5L engine is lighter than the 4.0 so the weight ontop of the springs will be less so you should sit a little higher with a 2.5 also springs will sit higher for a few thousand miles before they settle down a little.

Oh man, its gonna be close! My 2.5 YJ with 4" lift, new shackles and 32" tires clears the garage door by less than 1/2 an inch!! I got lucky. Total lift was over 7" because stock springs were old and saggy. You may have to lower the top to clear, that gives you a good extra 2 inches. The other option is check and see if there is a way to make the garage door open even wider by adjusting the travel of the door. I know the last panel on most doors is still on an angle across the top in the open position. Good luck!

That makes sence with the wieght of the engine. Thanks for all the help guys I'm glad I found this sight.

What they said. You can actually get alost 4.5 out of a 3.5" lift. Depending on the gross weight of your Jeep. You Jeep would have to be pretty stripped, though. But when you add bumpers, winch and anything attached to the "body" it will lower it.

Back