Help desperatly needed

Gig

RE: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican

Well, I am about 90% done of my YJ rebuild. Only problem is, she doesn't start. So here it is,

89 YJ
6 cyl.
Standard
Stock

The distributer is in tip top shape, and I have a brand new Ignition Module. The engine turns over, but it only fires when I let go of the key, or shut off the ignition totally(as in turn key to remvoe it, it doesn't turn over, but just burns up the left over fuel in the chambers). I am getting pretty desperate. The engine is grounded, as is the body. I have someone looking at since he really knows his stuff, but he can't be here all the time, and I need to get it fixed like... this week. LOL, since I'm moving. So, any info would help. Even ideas to get me thinking, lol

Ciao
Gig

Is this a first time motor start from a rebuild? Are you sure your not 180 degrees out on your distributor?

Whoops, sorry to confuse you. It isn't an engine rebuild, just the body, etc... Sorry

Gig

Sounds like the wiring is wrong to the solenoid. Could the ignition hot wire and start wire be reversed? I don't know if that would create that condition or not.

1999 Sahara Soft top windows WANTED

I would suggest the timing is way off.

Well, I had the timing done just before I started taking the body off, so I don't think it is that, (I wish it was) I never loosened the dist. or even go near the timing chain. And if the timing was way off, I don't think it would spark at the same time everytime... Good suggestion anyways. As for the hot wire and start wire, I could check, but I don't remember ever disconnecting any wires directly related to the engine. I'll check anyways, lol. Thx

Ciao
Gig

Back