Help please!!!!

thedevil1236

i have a 2000 cherokee and am having very weird problems. i think that its the computer that is going faulty, but correct me if i am wrong. when i start up my jeep, the radio has no power and the windows get no power too. i then turn it off, then restart it and it seems to temporarily fix the problem. usually it goes back to the problem, but sometimes it works. is this a computer problem or is this something else i am not thinking of. if it were a ground, wouldnt more be going out?? thanks!!

Adam

It sounds more like the accesory ckt on your ignition switch. check your wires and connectors on the ignition ckt switch.
:shock:And where the heck did you come up with that name, i feel uncomfortable helping the devil.:shock:

Last edited:
It sounds more like the accesory ckt on your ignition switch. check your wires and connectors on the ignition ckt switch.
:shock:And where the heck did you come up with that name, i feel uncomfortable helping the devil.:shock:
I was going to say the same thing. If the jeep is the same as a ford you have a switch that rotates and makes contact. When the switch gets worn, the prongs that make the contact start wearing down, sometimes they might make contact sometimes they wont. That is the same symptoms a ford will have,

thanks guys sounds like a pretty simple solution that i completely overlooked. i guess the dealer has to replace it... :(

and as for you steelheadz i will spare you since you were so nice. haha

Before you go to a dealer , if you have access to wiring diagrams , you may want to check if there is a common ground for all your faulty items or maybe a relay. Grounding points can be funky especially in damp weather if they're corroded.

Speaking of ground points-- if you've been in muddy water deep enough to get to the trailer lights recepticle, check to see that it's clean, mine got full once and shorted out a bunch of stuff. Example, my radio antenna would go up only when the passenger door was open.

Back