hey

mackattac06

hey everyone im a guys trying to learn alot of stuff on jeep wranglers... can someone explain how shackle lifts work and are they as a good as springs.

Shackle lifts work by replacing your stock shackles with longer ones. They provide some lift, but change the angles of your driveshafts and steering caster in the process. Small shackle lifts are fine (<1") but for any significant lift springs are the way to go. A one inch body lift is fine as well, but going over an inch can be dangerous.

Keep in mind that a shackle lift will only lift half the difference you increased in shackle length, reason being you are only lifting one end of the spring, and the axle is in the middle of the spring.

Welcome to the Z, tell us a little about your ride.

Thanks everyone for replying....im in high school just trying to get a sick jeep for low cash....i heard shackle lifts are not too expensive but i def want more than a 1 inch lift...if you know of anyways that are cheaper..please let me know

Add a Leafs can be a cheap way to go. They are not really to hard to install. If you went that route I would recommend some new shocks.

I like to use boomerang shackles to hunt for kangaroo's :D

Back