Horn fix!!

beachjeep

Taking my Jeep to get the state inspection done and just looking over things my Horn wont work. All the connections are good and I took off the steering wheel center cover and buffed the rust off the plates and still nothing. Checked the connection at the horn and all is ok and checked all the fuses - none of them actually say horn. Any ideas or is there a way to bypass the steering wheel engagement?

Thanks guys.

RE: find me a dana 60 front

If you have a multimeter, have an assistant depress the horn button and verify that the wire at the horn (in the engine bay) is getting juice. Might be a simple horn replacement. I still have my stock one if you need it. I replaced mine with an air horn. I'm in Charleston, SC if you want. Just pay shipping. You can check the wiring in your Haynes manual if you need help.

Corey

RE: Re: RE: What do You Drive

You can also run a wire from battery positive and touch it to the connection on the horn. Should blow and make you jump from the noise. If it doesn't make sure the horn is grounded good. Still no go---bad horn. If it's good I would start checking backwards until I found where the voltage is blocked.

RE: Coolant leak from strange place

sorry such a late post on this but i just went thru the same thing... went to Autozone and got a new relay and horn - tore apart the steering column (yea, even the spring loaded plate - fun to reinstall w/out the special tool!!!) but that cured it - seems the horn was bad AND the relay... but finally have a horn after 8 mos. without....

I keep having problems with my horn as well. I find that with my tilt steering, the horn will work in one postion and not another. At the bottom of the steering column, under the dash, there is a plug for the wiring harness that goes inside the column. For some reason the wiring is very tight here and when I use my tilt steering, it pulls on the plug just enough to make my horn not work.

RE: Rusted floor

Thanks guys, guess Ill try the relay first. Cant seem to find time to work on the Jeep lately. Doesnt see much road time anyways, though I did get to play in the mud some today.

Back