Hot foot

Ragtopman

I got a stumble

And for a lesser issue. When I drive with no shoes my right foot gets hot. Hot air seems to blow from the heat duct when driving. It feels like the heat stays on even when the fan is off and the temp selector is on cool. My friends 87 also does it what gives here?

A/C Compressor Problem

warm air off the engine/transmission? Coming through the firewall (or hole in the firewall)?

Is the heater motor actually running? Or could it be warm air coming through there from the engine/outside?

There are several flapper valves in the heating system. One of said flapper valves pivots to direct incoming air entirely through the heater core (max heat), partially through the heater core (intermediate heat), or bypass the heater core entirely (no heat). The heater temp control usually controls that flapper.

The temperature of the heated air is controlled by proportioning the mix of heated and unheated air according to the position of the flapper valve.

My guess: That flapper valve is not closing tightly. Some air is flowing through the heater core despite the seemingly "off" position of the heater control.

Solutions:

(1) Fix/adjust flapper valve or control system

(2) Re-configure heater core engine coolant hoses to bypass heater core

(3) Set heater system to defrost windshield

(4) Wear shoes :lol:

Regards

Gadget

Plug the vent with a sock during the summer if you want a quick fix. The heat will dump onto the pass side footwell...unless you plug that one too.

Back