How did you mount your Hi-Lift?

06TJ

I opted to go with a 60" Hi-Lift, and so that eliminated mounting it inside my TJ, so, since I don't have a winch (and if I ever do get one I will be getting a new bumper anyway), I decided to use a set of locking bolt on mounts to mount it on the top of the front bumper and will be keeping it covered with a Hi-Lift jack cover- it goes on tomorrow! How did anyone else here mount theirs? I have seen a lot of produced mounts, but I know a lot of us fab our own stuff, so I was curious... Pics would be great too. Thanks!

Mine is inside..........a shorter jack.........but here is a pic.

Attachments

• P1000350.JPG
    P1000350.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,607
Thats exactly what I was going to do had I gotten the 48" Jack.. I'm still going to fab a shelf like you have there though.

Yeah, I have two carriage bolts that go through the jack to the inside of the "shelf" Wing nuts hold down the works to help prevent theft. I like this setup a lot, easy to get to and keeps the jack out of the weather.

I don't have a pic but I do have two Hi lifts only because I gave one away. I mounted mine to my home made bumper on a YJ I used to own by tacking a couple bolts to it and wing nuts. It's good you're using a cover because I went to use mine on a couple occasions and they were full of dirt and wouldn't work. I ended up wrestling around in the desert dirt with a bottle jack on wood blocks.:roll:

I also went inside the cab for my 48"...

I used fence hardware to attach it to the rollbar, and it worked out very nicely.

Felipe

Attachments

• DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,571
  • DSC00080.jpg
    DSC00080.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 757
  • DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:

Felipe could you send me a list of what all you used?

This idea I basically I copied from here.

What you will need is a 2" EMT conduit clamp and a 2" tension band (make sure you smooth them out t avoid ripping the padding on the bar!); I used one like this for the base (obviously the size is wrong, but you get the idea):

clamp2-1.jpg

And one like this for the top (I used a long stud with a lock nut to tighten it to the rollbar, then put a washer on eiter side of the highlift, then a winged nut o hold the high lift in place):

image-missing.png

Bought everything at Home Depot for under $10 (the list included the two clamps, all bolts, washers, lock nuts and winged nuts). I also used spray bed liner to paint them black so they would not stick out like a sore thumb inside the cab!

Felipe

So, here is how my project finally turned out mounting the 60" Hi-Lift like I mentioned at the beginning of the thread...

Then I threw together a license plate holder that comes off when you need it to- just bolts on with the jack but sturdy enough not to move or rattle... It came out exactly how I wanted, so I'm happy- and it all cost about $35 including the mounts.

Attachments

• DSC00479.jpg
    DSC00479.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00477.jpg
    DSC00477.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 464
Last edited by a moderator:

Whoops. I think I posted this in another hi jack post, but here is what I had a local chain link fence company make for me, as the above mentioned bracket for the base just got me a bunch of confused looks. The guy at the shop welded a heavy duty bolt to a heavy duty bracket. he suggested using some innertube around the roll bar to prevent scratchs and vibration. I will send pics of the mount which should be soon.

Attachments

• hijack bracket.jpg
    hijack bracket.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 1,821
I tried the rubber sleeve route, make sure that the rubber sleeve overlaps the clamp by at least an inch. Cutting it flush with the clamp, the sleeve will slip out.

Wilderness rear swing away tire bumper..

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12,596
Back