How far will you travel to go wheeling?

Sound_Man

I am pretty lucky that some of the best trails in the country are right here in town. I am curious about how far people are willing to travel to get to the trails.

Ive got Paragon (about 2 hundred miles), and the Pines in Jersey (about 125) but the best trails I've seen are about 600 miles away in Tennesse...will be going back on Labor Day...and I can't wait.

Rob 8) :p :)

I'm in central Virginia, but I'll go further to do some wheelin'... Been to Paragon, Tellico, lotsa places in between. Even made a trip to Moab many moons ago.

As long as I have the time, and the Jeep is cooperating, the drive distance doesn't mean too much to me.

--Chris

Graewulf and family, Myself and Family are heading to Tug's back yard for Labor Day weekend. If my knee holds out long enough, we might to get some wheelng in, but if not, we'll just sit around the fire and chew the fat....be good to see my southern family again.

Rob 8) :p :)

I have great wheeling right here in my back yard too, but I do like to go to other places like Moab and Baja to name a couple. Those trails and that type of riding are really only in those places. Baja is over 1000 miles for me just to get there.

The motivation behind me starting this poll is to see if there were people on the board that would be interested in a fall trip across the pass's above 13,000 feet here in Colorado. It is the most beautiful at that time of year. A little cold but the sights and trails are unbelievable.

Hey,If you like moab,utah jeepster is planning a run over labor day.You might want to check that out.

Latest Jeep Alarm/Anti-Theft Device

I am planning on being there for that if I get my motor in and installed by then. :D

In late September, early October the mountains here are unbeatable. Would anyone be interested in a trip out to Colorado?

Lets try to round up a few more people and then we can figgure out what trails we will hit. Some of the trails here are pretty extreme and a lot of rig's won't make it. It will depend on how they are set up as to where we can go.

hehehe you have a winch? skid plates from front to back and rocker guards and dont mind body damage?? I got trails, I got trails that will make you crap your pants and beat your jeep up.

Those are good for the right time and with the right group. I was after something along the lines of a 6 or 7 for difficulty. No damage to your rig and a good time and a bit of a challage but not insane. If I go insane on trail selection I will not get any takers on a trip out here. There are plenty of trails that are just nuts here and more that are just a great drive with a twist.

For a planned trip for non-locals I don't want to kill em all right off the bat. So moderate mud and moderate rocks on the trail would be a blast on an all day run. Fun for all and no broken rigs is what I am shooting for.

Nobody said they would go over 1000 miles and almost all of the people on this board are further than that away. J_Higgens, if you want to hit the extreme let me know and I will plan out a trip that will work your rig and work it hard.

I have to admit, I like crawling on the rocks but I live in the rockies. It goes hand in hand and the best place in the world for it is in my backyard. I would really like to share it with people that would appreciate it.

Well Soundman your right next door to my place...And yes to all I am leading a group over Labor day into the wilds of MOAB. Now I like to wheel as good as the next jeepster but I do mind body damage and broken parts. So I am planning on 3.5 trails for this upcomming trip. You have to get your ride home after all that is said and done. And no one likes to spend 1000$ dollars while on vacation just to get a rolled jeep home.
So Soundman if you can find me some trails that I can pull the seat covers up with my puckered rear end and leave the ones where I need a set of depends out you can count me in too!

I should have a motor in my rig by Labor day and I am planning on a trip out there to MOAB. I have been out there before and there are some really great trails out there.

Back