How to install Smittybilt Side Steps

Jetski180

Just ordered some Smittybilt Stainless Side Steps :D and wondering how to install them. Has anyone done this before? They should be in the tommrow or thursday soo if you have any suggestions how to install them it would be usefull. I have a 2003 Wrangler Sport too.

Jeff

I have installed them on ford trucks. Not sure of the brand. I am sure there will be good instructions. It is a lot easier if you have a good jack to lift it while you make mesurements and prep work. Most of the ones I installed had to have holes drilled in the frame. I know a lot of aftermarket manufacturers are trying to make no-drill stuff so you use existing holes.

I hope they are bolt on for the factory holes. Drilling the frame right there suxxxx!
If you have to drill, measure and mark the holes and triple check yourself. Then get a 1/2" drill and a good sharp bit. Use cutting oil on the bit to keep it from getting dull.

I installed mine with self tapping bolts that only required a pilot hole. I then ran them in with an impact wrench. A long handled socket wrench will work if no impact is available.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am hoping that they will just fit right in or i'll try the impact wreche approach. Thanks

Jeff

I will let you know when I get them and show some pictures

Back