Hummer Hunting

If Gennybro is doing it you know everyone is gonna start. This is my dream jeep, a black YJ with the slanted roll cage... Speaking of which why are some slanted and some not? Is it a model thing? Or year? I really want the slanted roll cage.

that is exactly what i have, a black yj with sports cage.

that cage is called a sports cage, no idea why. its on the 91 and older models (i think 91 and older. i know 93 and newer have the family roll cage which covers the rear seats.)

i prefer the family cage because it covers the kids in case of a roll and it has shoulder belts for the back seat. plus, the bikini top is long enough to cover the back seat so the kids don't get sun burned and i think the family cage looks more like a 4x4 then the sports cage. looks muscular

superj said:
that is exactly what i have, a black yj with sports cage.

that cage is called a sports cage, no idea why. its on the 91 and older models (i think 91 and older. i know 93 and newer have the family roll cage which covers the rear seats.)

i prefer the family cage because it covers the kids in case of a roll and it has shoulder belts for the back seat. plus, the bikini top is long enough to cover the back seat so the kids don't get sun burned and i think the family cage looks more like a 4x4 then the sports cage. looks muscular

I don't have kids and won't be off-roaring all that much. I live in a place where sometimes you need to cross a flooded dirt road so that is what I am aiming for. I also plan on taking the rear seat out (unless I get a 4-door) and using the space for extra storage.

As far as looks go I prefer the sport cage because I like how it looks more safari then the Family cage.

Thanks for the info, it's too bad I will never find a jeep quite that old in my town.

gennybro said:
We don't need no darn boat to go fishen!

Ha!!! It took me some time to see the jeep. I was like... What is that? But don't judge, the file opened upside down so flip the pic and see how easy it is to see.

Almost got away.

Attachments

• image-1403913361.png
    image-1403913361.png
    565 KB · Views: 243
Found this one at the Solon car show. H3T and it has matching color bed cover.

Attachments

• image-1159763067.png
    image-1159763067.png
    825.5 KB · Views: 253

thats not a humvee, its a chevy truck with an isuzu 5 cylinder motor in it

I am starting to get mad, are we trying to disrespect the vehicle keeping our men and women serving safe, or flood a jeeps website with hummers?

Driving around and just taking a picture of a hummer is a compliment to the driver... If your gonna hate a car get your middle finger in the shot.

H1s are off limits as they serve protection in harsh environments, and military vehicles are too. Hummers in a city.. Okay hate them the drivers are pricks wasting away limited resources, but do more then just take a picture! If I saw some one taking a pic of my "expensive" car, I would be flattered.

Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really really don't see the point in taking pictures of hummers and posting their pics on a jeep website. Can you please tell me the purpose of this? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm serious. Educate me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just try to out do each other with chromed out and ridicules looking hummers. It's not hard to do. If u don't understand then unsubscribe from this thread.

I wonder how much the lift was for the hummer in the center pic.

Attachments

• image-3454855791.png
    image-3454855791.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 251
  • image-3508375717.png
    image-3508375717.png
    517.4 KB · Views: 232
  • image-1976046703.png
    image-1976046703.png
    575.2 KB · Views: 361

yup. it looks like crap it that get up. real high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicles don't come like that. they come in camo or sand color and don't have flashy jnk on them. they can tow 10 or 15 tons and top out at about 65mph

Back