I got the 'ol "good news, bad news" this past Su

TwistedCU

I got hurt last monday at work. Thought I had a hernia. Took the week off, went to 2 doctors. 2nd doc send me for a CT scan. Sunday I get a call from him. He says good news, no hernia, you have a minor tear in the muscle and tissue in the abdominal wall and it will be sore for a while but it will heal itself. Go back to work, but take it easy for a while.

ME: GREAT! thanks doctor! So, I'm good to go. What a relief.

Doc: Well there's one thing I must tell you.

Me: Uhoh.

Doc: They did find a small cyst or something on one of your spines. Completely unrelated to your injury.

Me: OMG! I have more than one spine? :shock: No seriously Dr, what's the deal?

Doc: I need to send you for an MRI to determine if this is a harmless cyst as I suspect or if it's something else.

Me: What's the chances of it being a harmless cyst?

Doc: Very good, I am sure that is what it is but we need to be sure.

Me: Okay, you are sure so we need to be sure. Got it. Let me ask you a question Doc, why do you feel sure it is a cyst?

Doc: Well they are not all that uncommon in that area. It is below your lumbar on your coxyx.

Me: My co... MY WHAT? :shock: (Now completly stressed out but relentless with sarcasm)

Doc: Your coxyx, you know, the end of your spine near your tailbone. It is very difficult to determine exactly because a CT scan isn't as clear as an MRI.

Me: Okay so you really aren't sure, but I'm going to pretend you are.

Today: Went for my MRI. I won't hear anything until Fri night or Monday but I must admit I am a bit nervous. The first thing the Radiologist said was that I needed to get a contrast dye in my blood so they could see the tumor more clearly. I told her that my doctor referred to it as a cyst and I'd appreciate it if she humored me by doing so as well. She just kind of looked at me, annoyed. Has no one a sense of humor?

Feeling 100%, totally clueless, and hopeful that I'm stressing for nothing,

Harry

by the way I have already changed doctors. I din't like the fact that he thought I had 2 spines and he was also a really bad liar. I need a doctor that can lie straight up to make me feel better. :)

RE: I got the

haha at least you have your wits about you...

hope its nothing serious

take it easy,
nate

RE: Wanna see "redneck"?

What a quack! I remember when I thought I had a tumor. I am sure your fine. Hope everything goes well. Let us know whats up when the results are in.

Yeah your humor is admirable in the situation. Sounds to me like that doctor needs to think a little before he speaks. I hope that your situation turns out in your favor. Prayers your way

Harry I am so sorry to read this. I hope this turns out better than you are feeling about it. That is scary news. I will keep you in my thoughts until you tell us what is going on. Be Safe.

Lady

Fingers crossed here, Harry. I'm sure it's nothing - glad the guy isn't diagnosing your Jeep!

mud4feet said:
Fingers crossed here, Harry. I'm sure it's nothing - glad the guy isn't diagnosing your Jeep!

x2 to the 10th!!

Glad to see you are keeping your wits about you. Keep us posted and we'll keep you in our thoughts!

Jules

I'll keep ya in my prayers, TC....maybe he meant you have a "sister" on your spines. I read once in a reputable paper, possibly the Enquirer, about a guy that had his twin brother inside him for half his life and didn't know it.......

Or maybe it's an alien tracking beacon.....is there any time that you don't know what happened for a few days, you might have been abducted by aliens.

Maybe it's a wad of chewing gum.....my mom always told me it would take 7 years to get gum out of my body if I swallowed it.

Then again, maybe it's just a benign cyst you've had all your life and won't be any big deal but will turn out to be something to tell your grandkids about.

Hoping it's the latter,

Sparky

Sparky-Watts said:
Then again, maybe it's just a benign cyst you've had all your life and won't be any big deal but will turn out to be something to tell your grandkids about.

Well close...
Got the call today, it's nerve endings sticking out of my spine. They retain spinal fluid giving the appearance of a mass on the lower quality CT scan. Quite evident on the MRI. I was probably born with it and it is harmless.

Whew! Thanks all for the well wishes, prayers, crossed fingers.

They also told me I had 2 discs showing degeneration. No surprise to me though, my back has been finicky for years. Guess I better start using better lifting techniques. Man no more tests for me! Every one reveals something else. Ignorance is bliss, eh!?!?

Whew! I know you're more relieved than I, but still...

I'm happy all is okay!

RE: motorcraft 2150 dual power valve

I should have waited until after I found out what was up before posting all this, but it was weighing heavily on my mind at the time. Sorry for the false alarm.

TwistedCopper said:
I should have waited until after I found out what was up before posting all this, but it was weighing heavily on my mind at the time. Sorry for the false alarm.

No apologies necessary......that's what we're here for. Glad to hear everything's good!!

I'll be 52 Wednesday and have never had my prostate checked :shock: ...........like you said, ignorance is bliss.

Back