i need help!!!

AVILES

hey everyone i need help on putting together my 97 jeep wrangler. to make a long story short im painting my jeep so i had to take it apart(lights, hood, doors, door hinges, rear lights, roll cage, seats, etc...), when i started taking it apart i was putting the bolts and screws i took off on bags and labeling them, but then two friends came along to help and they took it apart tossing everything together and to finish off one of them tried to clean the area to paint so he moved everything to a corner and now everything is everywhere. the paint is done and it looks really nice but now its time to put it back together and im having a hard time. i know ill probably get it done but if you have any ideas on where i can find manuals or instructions, or even if i can go buy sets of screws for what i need i will greatly appreciate. thanks for the help and well i hope i can get it done.

I would check your closest 4x4 shop as they can probably get a whole bolt set and manual for pretty cheap.

And punch your friends for me 8)

hey everyone i need help on putting together my 97 jeep wrangler. to make a long story short im painting my jeep so i had to take it apart(lights, hood, doors, door hinges, rear lights, roll cage, seats, etc...), when i started taking it apart i was putting the bolts and screws i took off on bags and labeling them, but then two friends came along to help and they took it apart tossing everything together and to finish off one of them tried to clean the area to paint so he moved everything to a corner and now everything is everywhere. the paint is done and it looks really nice but now its time to put it back together and im having a hard time. i know ill probably get it done but if you have any ideas on where i can find manuals or instructions, or even if i can go buy sets of screws for what i need i will greatly appreciate. thanks for the help and well i hope i can get it done.

If your looking for a Bolt identification Manual, It does not Exist. Even a Factory service manual is limited on that info. The Service Manual will give you the Specs. on the bolt grade and size but not specific on to where they go on the body.. Generally speaking, the body bolts for the fender has large washers, grille bolts has med size washers. before assembly, use your fingers to screw in the bolts in the hole to see if it's the correct size and thread.. Roll bar bolts, front bumper uses the large head torx bolts. The door hinges and windshield uses the med. size tapered torx bolts.

yea well ill probably just do it by trial and error and see what happens. its not the first thing i put togather with out knowing where things go, its just going to take me longer, but thanks if you find any thing else that can help me please let me know.

hey if you want i'll take some pics of my 98 and post them so you can see what bolts go where if u get stuck....

thanks, im working on it and i already put together the doors, the hood and the headlights but thats it. i will try to keep fixing it like this and if i get stuck ill let you know, thanks again.

bofore and after but still not done.

Attachments

• jeep 1.JPG
    jeep 1.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 263
  • jeep 2.JPG
    jeep 2.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 281
Back