"I'm a racist?"

Technically, even the aliens that planted life on this planet migrated from Zoglreg, a planet in the Alderon System. So.... everyone's a immigrant to Earth.

Yes, but even those from Zoglreg immigrated from Sfarchkekech in the Sobromlau System.

........but the phrase:
"E Pluribus Unum", which literally translates to "Of many, one".............

TC, I hate sound nit-picky (but it really is pretty nit-picky) but shouldn't that be "From many, one"??? Please don't tell me that the two years of Latin they forced me to take in high school was a TOTAL waste!! I'm still trying to me my first "Latin-speaking" person!:lol: :lol:

Or maybe I was sleeping the day we studied "E"...............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, good point!

TC, I hate sound nit-picky (but it really is pretty nit-picky) but shouldn't that be "From many, one"??? Please don't tell me that the two years of Latin they forced me to take in high school was a TOTAL waste!! I'm still trying to me my first "Latin-speaking" person!:lol: :lol:

Or maybe I was sleeping the day we studied "E"...............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, good point!

No, I have it as "Of". Many references will have the "E" translated to "from" or "out of", but I believe literal Latin translation would be "of" ;)

This is why I used the word "literally" in my original post.

No, I have it as "Of". Many references will have the "E" translated to "from" or "out of", but I believe literal Latin translation would be "of" ;)

and to my Latin expert friend I say:
Expedi caput ex ano

Yes, but our forefathers quoted it as, "From many, one", when they opined to have it stamped on our currency.

Tomato, tomato...

Back to the topic, the immigration bill that failed (thankfully), was in my eyes an attempt by the Bush administration and a number of lawmakers at tyranny. Nothing good could have come from legalizing all the illegals, which is what would have happened eventually, and there would have been a mad rush from Mexico to get on the bandwagon.

Now we need to convince our president, our lawmakes, and our local authorities that they will be jobless if they do not crack down on businesses who hire illegals.

Last edited:

Now we need to convince our president, our lawmakes, and our local authorities that they will be jobless if they do not crack down on businesses who hire illegals.

But who would roof our houses and pour our sidewalks, you KNOW that Americans won't do that work!:D

But I say potato.....the intended translation is what matters, not the literal one. Anything else is just useless whining.

Of: 1. Derived or coming from; originating at or from:

Is that not what the phrase means? Derived from many, one? Coming from many, one? Originating from many, one? I used the literal translation because I like detail. It means the same freakin' thing.

Wow... you will go to great lengths to try to prove the unprovable but at least your failed attempt at wit (your last sentence above) was worthy of a good chuckle :lol: :?|

and to my Latin expert friend I say:
Expedi caput ex ano

Give up?
To our president, and anyone else to which this might apply, I say:
Expedi caput ex ano
Remove the head from the anus

Of: but at least your failed attempt at wit (your last sentence above) was worthy of a good chuckle :lol: :?|

How can a failed attempt at wit be worthy of a good chuckle? I only chuckle at the funny stuff!

Not for what they are paying the illegals they wont!

Well, that is if they have to pay taxes and SS out of it :roll:

No.. they (illegals) should get to work tax-free for cash, & get free health insurance via the taxpayer

your just not compassionate TC :purple: :purple:

(you know, I'm playing devil's advocate)8) 8)

Back