"I'm a racist?"

TwistedCU

Good stuff here:
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_...4?source=email

colorado voices
I'm a racist?
By Billie Louden
Article Last Updated: 07/05/2007 11:26:53 PM MDT

I am a black woman who grew up in rural Oklahoma, where train tracks separated cultures, and I was one of only two blacks in my senior class. I have been a soldier in the anti-American Middle East, and I have felt the isolation of being a conservative Republican instead of the liberal Democrat I am expected to be. Currently, I sport a badge of authority.

Because of these life experiences, I thought I had been called every name in the book except the one my parents gave me. But when a co-worker called me a racist, I was absolutely unprepared.

The accusation was made largely because of a sticker on the back of my truck. The simple statement "Stop illegal immigration" has earned me angry looks and obscene gestures in traffic. I have watched as cars rush to pull up beside the "redneck." Their scowls often turn to bewilderment when they spot me behind the wheel.

My Hispanic co-worker played the ace-in-the-hole race card by insisting only Latinos are being targeted for immigration reform. When I pointed out my sticker mentioned no race in particular, he stated, "It doesn't matter because everyone knows who you are referring to."

At that moment, I realized just how much irrational emotional feelings and personal agendas have alarmingly snuffed out common sense in this country. From top lawmakers in Washington to so-called sanctuary cities, everyone has succumbed to massive pressure from illegal factions.

Let us define common sense. It is the natural instinct that compels us to the logical thing when faced with an issue shrouded in smoke screens.

Let us ignore tear-jerker tales of individual tragedies that are designed to pull our heartstrings, and realize they are smoke and mirrors hiding the truth, while instilling guilt about feelings of unease with the sieve our borders have become.

Illegal immigrants in this country, like any other criminal, have an excuse for why they committed a crime. But if the tale is sad enough, should we forgive them for their original criminal act because they decide to behave? Should we allow them to take jobs away from law-abiding Americans and call them noble for doing so? How about we offer to pay their medical bills and send their children to college? If, in the course of providing these things, we find ourselves going broke, and we say to them, "Enough is enough, we cannot ignore your crimes any longer because it only encourages more criminals," should we be surprised when these violators take to the streets demanding they be allowed to continue the way of life they have become accustomed to?

When illegals squawk about how we can't survive without their presence, do we dare remind them there are plenty legal folks - and others who are waiting in line to be legal - who are eager to help us out?

When anyone points out these observations, they are lambasted, shouted down, and slapped with the feared moniker "racist," a word that has ruined lives, ended careers and been the gas-filled card thrown on blazing fires of conflicts between majority and minority.

Racism today can never measure up to the raw beginnings and bloody history of the word as it pertains to our country. It began with slavery, evolved into lynchings, oppression and separate but never equal laws. It culminated with marches and dissent demanding the equality all citizens were promised in the Constitution. But the key word here is "citizen."

The righteous marches led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. during the bloody turmoil of the civil rights era, should never be compared to the audacious, foreign-flag-waving parades of illegals and their sympathizers being carried out in American streets.

Politicians pandering for future votes, and much of the media, overwhelmingly sympathize with the flaunting of our laws, and assure the "undocumented" protesters their demands are reasonable.

I am a fighter and I refuse to be bullied. I have earned, the hard way, the right to display my opinion. If my "Stop illegal immigration" sticker offends you, maybe you should focus on the one next to it that states, "My son is a United States Marine." Then hopefully you will understand that sacrifice and fighting for country runs deep in my family.

Billie Louden (loudenview@aol.com) is a deputy sheriff and an Army veteran.

I'm assuming you know my first post was tongue in cheek. At least I hope so. I think this is one issue in which we all agree upon.

Anyway, I don't understand the reasoning behind equating being against ILLEGAL immigration with racism. It's absurd.

By that logic, if you're against illegal drug sales you're also a racist because most drugs are trafficked from South America?

I have a Z at the end of my name, and I AM AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It's illegal. Illegal...meaning against the law....which makes you a law breaker...or a criminal.

It just so happens to be Mexico that's our biggest problem but if it were Ireland, Canada, Japan, or Micronesia, I'd STILL be against illegal immigration. I don't care what your ethnicity is, or the color of your skin.

Go back home, and wait until we invite you in...ya blood sucking criminals!!!

Last edited:
And, I've said this before, but I see illegal immigration as a slap in my dead mother's face...who did it the legal way. She worked hard to learn English, learn our history, and was educated before she came to our country.

Good find TC. That seems to be the norm nowadays. If your against anything that is "politically correct" you get called all kinds of names. How do you think I came up with the nickname Red Neckerson for this forum?! :D

BTW Mingez,
my hat is off to your mother. She deserves the respect that some of our elected officials think that we "owe" illegals. It also seems to me that she was also a pretty good role model. ;)

Last edited:

BTW Mingez,
my hat is off to your mother. She deserves the respect that some of our elected officials think that we "owe" illegals. It also seems to me that she was also a pretty good role model. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. And BTW, your moniker is probably the best one so far. It's right up there with Antsinmypants, Smellmydirtypoodle, and Mud4feet.

LOL

Why shouldn't we be against it? It's illegal. Would you be for the guy that goes down to the 7-11 and holds up the teller because he doesn't have any other way to get money? I mean he could do it the legit way (get a job), but he chooses to do it the easy way. It's the same thing going on here. These people could choose to do it the legit way (naturalization) but they just hop the border and get away with it.

I have a Z at the end of my name, and I AM AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. It's illegal. Illegal...meaning against the law....which makes you a law breaker...or a criminal.

I have an S at the end of my name and I agree with you! :D This topic comes up at least once a week where I work. Two of my fellow employees are of Mexican descent and one is completely against illegal immigration for the same reason everyone else is. The other doesn't so much support it, but he's a cheap SOB and just hates to pay full price for anything including someone to cut his lawn. That's really his only argument, but it is a fun one nonetheless. p0p

Last edited:

It is a fact that unless you are native American that somewhere in your family tree there is an immigrant. I don't have a problem with anyone coming here as long as they do it legally and pay their dues like everyone else.
I think the first step in fixing the problem is enforcing the laws we currently have and stopping the influx. Then lawmakers can work on reform. I don't think amnesty is the answer by any means. In my opinion reform needs to be directed at the process of becoming a citizen. If the process were simplified then less people would be coming illegally.
Case in point: My brother met his wife on a medical mission to the Ukraine. She was a doctor at the time working alongside him on the mission and translating. After an arduous process of just getting her to the US, they got married in 2000. She has been trying ever since to become a citizen. Now if you assume that a doctor is a person of above average intelligence and together they have the financial resources to pursue citzenship then this is an achievable goal. It's still dragging on after seven years.

The people who are most upset about illegals are not the natural born citizens of this country, they are the LEGAL immigrants who went through the proper channels to become citizens. This has been an issue that has support from the vast majority of the citizens of the US and the scumbag politicians (on both sides) still keep trying to force their will on the masses.

This is not a racial issue, it is a security issue. Security in terms of safety and security in term of fiscal stability.

I don't care what color someone is if they come here LEGALLY. If there is a Swedish Bikini Team member who is here illegally I say throw her in the ocean and let here swim back across the Atlantic or drown. I don't care where you came from. If you want to live here you need to do it legally.

Build a wall on BOTH borders, complete with armed towers, and shoot to kill.
Fine employers who hire illegals $500K PER occurance.
Deport those who are here illegally, and do not allow them ANY public services, including medical attention.
Am I cruel? Yes, but we're going to have to be cruel or lose our country.

Good find TC. That seems to be the norm nowadays. If your against anything that is "politically correct" you get called all kinds of names. How do you think I came up with the nickname Red Neckerson for this forum?! :D

BTW Mingez,

:agree:

I have an S at the end of my name and I agree with you! :D This topic comes up at least once a week where I work. Two of my fellow employees are of Mexican descent and one is completely against illegal immigration for the same reason everyone else is. The other doesn't so much support it, but he's a cheap SOB and just hates to pay full price for anything including someone to cut his lawn. That's really his only argument, but it is a fun one nonetheless. p0p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....That is pretty funny!!! Brings to mind a Colombian I had as a co-worker in Florida (legal immigrant, BTW).....he absolutely HATED Cubans.......said they "butchered the language"!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'm not for walls.............walls can too easily switched from keeping people out to keeping people in..........maybe it's because I grew up with the Berlin wall, who knows. I don't know the answer, but I don't think walls are it.

It is a fact that unless you are native American that somewhere in your family tree there is an immigrant.
Technically, although they were here when America became America, even the Indians migrated to what is now America. And, technically, even if your ancestors came over on the Mayflower, America was not officially a country until the late 1700's, and therefore they are not immigrants to America. My family, however, were immigrants to America.
Case in point: My brother met his wife on a medical mission to the Ukraine. She was a doctor at the time working alongside him on the mission and translating. After an arduous process of just getting her to the US, they got married in 2000. She has been trying ever since to become a citizen. Now if you assume that a doctor is a person of above average intelligence and together they have the financial resources to pursue citzenship then this is an achievable goal. It's still dragging on after seven years.

She must not be getting a grasp of something then. My sis-in-law came from Viet Nam. It took her longer to get out of Viet Nam after she married my brother than it did to become a naturalized citizen. It was almost two years to get out of Viet Nam, and just over a year for the entire naturalization process to be completed.

It is a fact that unless you are native American that somewhere in your family tree there is an immigrant. I don't have a problem with anyone coming here as long as they do it legally and pay their dues like everyone else.
I think the first step in fixing the problem is enforcing the laws we currently have and stopping the influx.

I believe these to be the sentiments of 90% of American citizens.

What truly makes this country unique is not only our freedoms, but the phrase:
"E Pluribus Unum", which literally translates to "Of many, one"

We are a melting pot. This was never successful throughout history until combined with freedom and a free market economy. Self government, individual responsibility, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness. These are what make it work. This melting pot should be celebrated, and continued, but LEGALLY!!!

When you take something like American citizenship, which was once revered as a privilege, and make it something that is given freely to lawbreakers and freeloaders alike then you cut into the fabric that makes this country work. You cheapen the honor of American citizenry.

We cannot let this take place.

If we wish to continue to enjoy our freedom and continue to respect each other. Maybe the legal way is hard, but those who have done it appreciate what they have. I know my formerly Canadian co-worker Dan does. He went through the process, is a registered voter, and is a member of the NRA :D

The laws don't need to be fixed, the laws need to be enforced. The borders may not even need to be secured so long as those who are caught are sent back and the businesses who hire illegals should be brought down and brought down hard.

Take away the illegal jobs, take away the illegal income, and they'll have no reason to come here. why would you go to a country where you could not earn a living?

She must not be getting a grasp of something then.
I'm sure she grasps the concept and happens to speak better English than most kids these days, so communication and misunderstanding is not the issue. I honestly don't know what the real issue is because I have never asked her. I do know that whenever the topic comes up, she gets a frustrated look on her face.

Last edited:
I'm sure she grasps the concept and happens to speak better English than most kids these days, so communication and misunderstanding is not the issue. I honestly don't know what the real issue is because I have never asked her. I do know that whenever the topic comes up, she gets a frustrated look on her face.

It is strange but I have heard stories varying from a simple one year long process to a drawn out nearly 10 yrs. Her story is not uncommon.

Technically, although they were here when America became America, even the Indians migrated to what is now America. And, technically, even if your ancestors came over on the Mayflower, America was not officially a country until the late 1700's, and therefore they are not immigrants to America. My family, however, were immigrants to America.
Technically, even the aliens that planted life on this planet migrated from Zoglreg, a planet in the Alderon System. So.... everyone's a immigrant to Earth.

Well, it's more than just being able to speak and understand English. There is a basic knowledge of American history, American Government, and American culture that must be demonstrated. Those are generally the main stumbling blocks for prospective citizens. You'll find that most "new" citizens know more about history, culture, and government than even TC does! :shock:

Back