Is it because I'm new...

klkb

...to the Jeep family, or does anyone else take the long way home to find other Jeepers to wave at?

Sounds like the definition of a jeeper to me.

Any reason to take the long way home will do:)
You know you are a Jeeper when you wave at a jeep then realize you are in your "other" vehicle.....

I take "short cuts" all the time,They usually end up taking two times longer and some times ends up breaking something on the Jeep.Happened the other day.Stuck on a tree broke rear brake line.

I find myself becoming irritated when there is no traffic.

My Jeep is not my every day driver, and I get frustrated when I see a lot of Jeeps out when I'm not driving it.

If I'm ever out with friends I always have to drive which is fine because all my friends love sitting in the back on the floor ( took out back seat) they say the feel like they are in the back of a military vehicle

I envy the people who feel secure enough to ride around without the doors! I suppose I'll get there someday.

klkb said:
I envy the people who feel secure enough to ride around without the doors! I suppose I'll get there someday.

IDK.... I'm not a fan of doorless.... Long ago, when we were off road every weekend, it was painful to see the scratches & scrapes inflicted on the doors but I always figured better the doors than me:)
As for highway/city ... I see doorless jeeps all the time...but I just can't go there...

But try it ... You might like it;-)

Have you guys ever read the warning label on the inside of the hard top it basically says the top and door probably won't contain you in an accident so the way I see it no top and doors is almost as safe as with them on

I'm not sure how it is where you live, but here in Co, if I went out of my way to find more jeeps to wave at it would be more like a second job lol. It seems as if there is 1 jeep per 4 vehicles on the road..... and that's just cjs,yjs,tjs and jks. People mostly look at me funny when I wave to them in their jeep. Even when I'm in mine. A lot of jks as of late. Mostly yuppie new age hippy types. Never take the doors off, big lift, nice tires, un-scathed 20in faker beadlocks. The only upside to all these yuppies? Their yuppie college daughters who drive jeeps. It all evens out, in the end.

I get different waves: the three fingers off the steering wheel, the Harley-esque two fingers down, the enthusiastic hello, the arm out the window, and the total woot-woot from someone with the same Jeep as mine. And some drivers just aren't paying attention. :-(

MattMayTJ said:
Have you guys ever read the warning label on the inside of the hard top it basically says the top and door probably won't contain you in an accident so the way I see it no top and doors is almost as safe as with them on

They are for "passenger comfort" only. My 2 year old loves it when we put his car seat in the back seat and ride with top and doors off. He always asks me if we can ride in "his Jeepie".

I don't think people in my area know about the Jeep wave. I get alota people checkin' mine out but all the Jeepers in my area are focused on the road like they're on a mission or something.

Back