Is It Worth It?

is the turn signal problem in the switch or is the stalk broken - the switch is an easier fix - the stalk is a bit more work to R/R as you have to disassemble more behind the wheel - you dont have to pull the column for either (done both) let me know and i'll try to walk ya thru it.... ALSO... make sure you check the valve cover - they are NOTORIOUS for loosening up, leaking, running down the back/side of the block and looking like a pan/rear seal leak....

Last edited:
It looks like it all of the above. The maetal screw end on the stalk broke inside the switch and the switch broke where everything goes in. I am looking for a used one, but looks like a $100 plus new one is what I am going to wind up with. You any good with what to do with all the vacuum hoses after someone installs a Weber carb. There are a lot of unplugged hoses, including the EGr Valve and the distributor. I ran a vac hose from egr to the distributor and it seemed to idle a lot better. Hope that can't screw things up> let me if you have any insight! :bomb:

egr to distributor? Neither of those create vacuum, so it doesn't make a diff. You need to find the ref. vacuum port off of your carb. that port will have to connect to your distributor. You need vacuum at your distributor for proper advance function. all the other ports with vacuum you can plug up if they are not needed. You can leave the egr disconnected if you like. it should only work on decel anyway.
Guysmiley

Update. The door vent window is fixed $75 jeep junk yard. Starter was put in by the used car dealer $0. Had to pay to have the turn signal switch/ stalk installed. I tried two different steering wheel pullers no luck. So that was pricey $100 parts $175 labor :x Changed the oil pan gasket $22, now it is leaking at the begining of the manual transmission! missing one bolt at the bottom of the trans to engine think that might be the problem, need to find a bolt to fit. Now onto the vacuum leaks. Oh and now 4wheel drive does not engage. The light comes on then turns off after a few seconds. Fun!

Now onto the vacuum leaks. Oh and now 4wheel drive does not engage. The light comes on then turns off after a few seconds. Fun!

the vacuum prob and the 4wd prob is probabkly related. There's a axle disconnect switch on the front axle toward the pass. side. It is vacuum actuated. Many times the rubber hoses will fall off. If this is the case, zip tie them on.

Back