its not broken, just bent

jeepless20

its not broken, just bent, she says

kay, so i had an appointment with a good friend of my grammy's who is a profesional wrench turner, to fix my Ujoints (i cant do them for lack of brain) anyway i had to work and couldnt take it to my appointment. so, i had my sister take it. on her way out she stoped for a car that was turning left, and got rear ended. but then that car got rear ended too. she had texted me telling me what happend and i called here. the first thing she says is "its not broken, just bent" but not all that much damage was done, at frist glance. bent rear bumper, bowed recever, aint no getting a trailer on a ball that is shoved into the bumper. not to bad looking, till you look underneeth. i found a small crease in each framerail (if you can call it that on an XJ) round 12" forward of the bumper. i dicided to look under there after i found that my doors didnt shut right. as you can tell i am slightly saddend. got me wondering whats gunna happen next (bad luck comes in threes.) i wanted to go wheelin last weekend but i had that Ujoint that jiggled like a dinner bell, so i couldnt. ill be a monkies unkle if i dont hit the dirt this weekend.

Last edited:
I' had a tweaaked frame for years. It probably wont efect your wheelin.:?| nothing will line up perfectly again though. Since I dont drive mine on the street too much, I realy dont mind, But you may want to get yours looked at. Thats why we pay for insurance.

First, I hope your sis was fine, neck injuries don't feel to bad at first, but can effect you for years or life.
I hope she got checked out and I hope that the guy that hit you had insurance and you need file on him asap
Maybe they will total your Jeep, you can take the money and buy another one and buy your old one back for about .20 cents on the dollar or less and just cut it up for wheelin'

Back