Jeep Exhaust

laxpug19

I'm looking for a Raw sounding exhaust, something to add to the off roading look. Any ideas? like Flow master series? i read some guy had Series 40 just wondering what would sound really good.

I do like the sound of the Flowmasters. Nice tone, not too loud.

I hace a flowmaster(no clue what series) and it sounds good. Crushed the pipe so i have to get it replaced next week.

I have always been a flowmaster man myself, they have a great sound and last an extremely long time. Secondly they also are designed similar to a skid plate, and another big plus is that don't cost as much as Borla. I

heres a sound clip from my 40 series i think its posted somewhere else on here but just incase ... this is minus the cat in front of it but really didnt make much diff in sound .. i'm very pleased with it but i want to have all new pipe bent for it instead of the crummy stocker stuff think it would help out :)

no prob man glad to help mines a 4.0 any 4 banger owner prolly have a slightly diff sound ... i run a str8 exhaust with cat through a thursh glasspack and gives a great sound but its a lil more loud than the jeep but not RICEY loud

I got my muffler from Autozone. $3.99 piece of pipe... I'll get a sound clip some time when I get my recording stuff working again.

Just installed the Banks Catback and it sounds great. I did not notice much of a change in HP though, I do have an airraid intake so that was covered already. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that after you install your new exhaust that you should reset the computer or somthing, is that BS??? I cannot remember where I read that.

not heard that for jeeps but my nephew has an 04 F150 with 40 series and it caused his SES engine light to come on

I have read that you shoulkd disconnect your battery anytime you do exhaust or intake work. Leave it unplugeed for 20 mons and the computer should recalibrate itself to an extent with new mods.

What muffler would work for a '88 YJ with no cat? I'm thinkin somethin like a flowmaster but there's so many choices and I don't know what will work. thanks for any input.

LR

Back