Jeep In Italy

JohnnyO

Haven't checked in for a while since we traded in the Jeep. When things get slow at work I drive around Italy on Google Streetview. Drove by the neighborhood where we stayed in Rome two years ago and there was a Wrangler Rubicon parked outside a bar on the corner. I did see several Wranglers and Cherokees there, most were diesel powered due to the high fuel prices in Europe.
The address is roughly 333 Via Nomentana, Rome Italy on maps.google.com, then go to Streetview. This is a little bit back at the beginning of the block on the corner.

Jeep_Rome.jpg

Is this unusual an unusual occurrence?

I've never been to Italy, but I drive an Italian car.

Actually you see a fair number of Wranglers and Cherokees over there. Most have diesels which are not offered in the U.S. models. The only American cars I saw there were Jeeps and Chryslers, probably because Fiat owns Chrysler and I suppose they have a better dealer network.
Also tons of Ford Transit vans and some Focuses. I did see a "Chrysler" Magnum, the Dodge Magnum station wagon body with a Chrysler
2012-05-13_10-07-00_595.jpg2012-05-13_10-11-02_957.jpg
300 front end on it since they don't sell Dodges there. Couple of Sebring ragtops and some Chrysler Town & Countrys that were used as hotel shuttles. Cars are mostly small there because of the price of gas. See a lot of Minis, Fiat 500's, and Smart cars.

Last edited:
Back