Jeep vs Snow

ZBTstang

If you live anywhere in the U.S. chances are youve gotten some snow already this winter. Im doing a post wondering how everyones jeeps have done so far this winter? any big problems, fun, etc? I live in CT where we get a decent amount of snow but they really dont know how to take care of the roads. My jeep has taken everything this winter and just laughed at it. [addsig]

Here in Albuquerque NM, I've been waiting for snow! What we've gotten is all above 10,000 feet, so those of us at 1 mile don't have any. I'm about to take the soft top off and put the bikini top back on.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I live in PA, and we have gotten about 2.5 feet so far this winter. The only big problem you could say I had was i flipped it. I lost it around a corner, hit a bank and over she went. Im in the process of fixing her, but my funds are limited. I hope to have it back up soon and it should be better than ever (bigger tires and the whatnot)[addsig]

yeah baby yeah...!!!

we got snow in holland...it started yesterday and it stopt snowing this morning.

it's 1/100 inch thick...
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

so no snow wheeling for me folks,hahaha,it's not even enough for my sleddogs to train..

this sucks..realy
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

maybe i should move?whatta you think??[addsig]

Hey Tarsij, you flipped it?? How fast were you going when you hit that bank? Also in general how much do you really have to worry about flipping a jeep?[addsig]

not much snow here yet/rhode island. hey whats that forest just over the R.I. line in CT.? its well known for camping but, i understand you can wheel there and snowmobile too. it might be called standish or stanford park?[addsig]

We have had about 1.5 to 2 feet around here- Olean NY, about 1.5 hours south of Buffalo- Jeepin in the snow is fun- just make sure the heat is on the whole time!!!

The Jeep handles fairly nicely in the snow I believe. The 4WD sure is nice- I already had to tow a F150 over a big hill since he couldn't get any traction- those little 2WD drive trucks aren't worth much around these parts!!

Think how much greater the world would be if everyone drove a Jeep...[addsig]

Here in Clovis, NM we got a foot or so around the 23rd of December....but I didn't get to try out my jeep in it because it was and still is broken
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

heh i was out last night. i'll tell ya, jeeps are great! if i'm in 4wd the thing is steady as anything... didn't slip or act funny at all. if i want to have some fun, i pop it in 2 and the back end just dances all over the place. my jeep is highly predictable and tons of fun! [addsig]

Hey Jeep Mastr1 which state forest are you talking about? It depends what part of the line youre talking about. I live near pachaug state forest, on the RI/CT line, but I go to school on the complete other end of the state right now. Where do you fourwheel?[addsig]

I'm from CT too.. West Hartford right near the center. My jeep has had plenty of fun in the snow. My friends and i were planning on going sledding, but a friend had to plow a huge school parkinglot first. the parkinglot encircled the whole school so i was just drivin around havin a ball. by the time he was done, there was another coat of snow on the ground so we hitched 2 tow ropes to my bumper, tied them to the sleds, and went parkinglot sledding.

yea i know.. kinda dangerous. but the driver never hit the brakes.. just coasted to a stop.. man what a good time tho.. it was like a never ending hill that you dont have to walk back up!. even when we fell off into snowbanks or just on the ground it didnt hurt too bad. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! (unless you pretend like it was your idea not mine)
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ZBTstang: yeah i was going about 15mph, but I was extremely stupid and didnt put it in 4WD. I guess i learned my lesson on that one. Im in the process of getting it fixed and when I get it back at the slightest hint of bad weather its gonna be in 4WD.[addsig]

Snow=broadside around corners

broadside around corners=fun

Thats all I have to say about that!

Vavs[addsig]

Back