Jeep Wave Standard Protocol

I think that people that dont wave back are just mad bcuz they are in a wrangler and not a cherokee, j/k i dont know i just think that they think they are just snobby

sicnik said:
Lets all just drink a cold beer, be happy , and WAVE!!!!!! There is enough fighting going on in the world, lets not infect this site with hate and discontent. We are Jeepers reguardless of what we drive or how we drive it.

Anyone up for some Hummer bashing?

Heck yeah!! Figgered it'd take a Kansas boy to be the voice of reason!!!:purple:

on my last trip wheeling with my dad going up to Gilbert Minnesota. We had a Grand Cherokee pass us up flashing the lights hoo-hah ing thumbs out windows, we had my dad's CJ on the trailer behind the motorhome so it must be a CJ or TJ thing. . . at least the guys in the Grand Cherokee were friendly lol.

90growler said:
I have owned 6 jeeps.........
2 YJ's received love
2 XJ's no love
2 ZJ's no love

I am convinced the wave is only for CJ/YJ/TJ and should remain................

I think that that is not right, "Jeepers" I think are all Jeeps, I mean who is to say which is better. I have seen every type of jeep just about on trails , and all of them were very capable. Saying that it should just be for tj's or cj's is not cool. That is like saying real Jepps have round headlights! I guess that kicks the square headlight wranglers out of the equation. No big whoop, but I think that every Jeeper has a right to his or her choice of Jeep, and should not be denied "The Wave". The defence rests your honor!:D

the wave was started for wranglers and cjs. i have nothing against any other jeeps, but i drive a tj and that's why other wranglers stand out and why i started to wave in the first place. if u don't drive a wrangler i don't think to wave, but keep waving and i'll try to remember to wave back.;)

sloppyjoe said:
..........I think are all Jeeps, I mean who is to say which is better. I have seen every type of jeep just about on trails , and all of them were very capable. ..................

:agree:

All are extrememly capable vehicles (ok, maybe not the liberty :rofl: ). A whole lot of it is the driver......so if the non-SWB'ers wave, I wave enthusiastically! It is, after all, a Jeep thing. But I haven't been getting a lotta waves lately from anybody.............think I'm spendin' too much time on the 4-lane.:(

sloppyjoe said:
I think that that is not right, "Jeepers" I think are all Jeeps, I mean who is to say which is better. I have seen every type of jeep just about on trails , and all of them were very capable. Saying that it should just be for tj's or cj's is not cool. That is like saying real Jepps have round headlights! I guess that kicks the square headlight wranglers out of the equation. No big whoop, but I think that every Jeeper has a right to his or her choice of Jeep, and should not be denied "The Wave". The defence rests your honor!:D

No love for the square lights? I wave at TJ's and they just look at me sometimes (maybe it's because the interior is more like a car than a real Jeep)J/K..........I am starting to wave at XJ's and am getting some response. Anything that is a dying breed of Jeep waves more often in my opinion. The newer Jeeps (especially KJ) don't seem to get it. No ZJ is worth waving at where I live (and I own one). You just get a glare from some soccer mom. I did get a wave from a commander the other day....it was a first

Last edited:
i used to wave at all jeepz in my cherokee but no one waved so I've quit. but in my old cj everyone waved. not only jeepz, everyone. cherokee's just haven't got everyones attention like the wranglers and other look alikes.

No one in my area waves. I miss it a lot. im pretty sure that under these terrable conditions, most of us would be greatful for a wave from anything. i have not lost hope yet though. i still wave at anything that begins with J and ends with EEP, and sometimes a toyota FJ40(lol).

I am a near forty-something with three kids. I finally talked my wife into a jeep. My three boys can pick out jeeps and tell you if they're lifted or not (ages 8,5,4). they love to get the wave back from other jeepers. we all get frustrated when a fellow jeeper doesn't wave back. I have a TJ. I've never received a wave from an XJ-not that I wouldn't wave back-'cuz I would. I agree-most people consider the wrangler the "jeep". my jeep is still mostly stock. i have had it about 7 months now. lift and tires are in the future. Then the boys and I can go get dirty.

I had a guy driving a step van wave to me when I was in my YJ a while back. I saw him parked at a Rutters (gas station/conv. store) a couple days later so I pulled in for coffee.
"You have a Jeep, don't ya?"
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
I asked him if he remembered that and he did.

I'll do that myself sometimes... driving another vehicle and wave top a Jeep out of habit. Now that will get you funny looks...

I had a guy driving a step van wave to me when I was in my YJ a while back. I saw him parked at a Rutters (gas station/conv. store) a couple days later so I pulled in for coffee.
"You have a Jeep, don't ya?"
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
I asked him if he remembered that and he did.

I'll do that myself sometimes... driving another vehicle and wave top a Jeep out of habit. Now that will get you funny looks...

Happens to me on a daily basis, it seems.8)

I've started giving all Jeep drivers the finger. I find that to be a great way to build comradery.

We should all just be friends...
Who knows when you'll be out stuck somewhere, and the only person around to help you out is that guy you snubbed the other day. Better safe than sorry, as our parents always used to say. At least we're not all out there driving explorers...

I've noticed that when I have the top on I don't initiate the wave nearly as often as when I'm topless. I don't know why I just don't. I'll always return a wave but it seems that I'm usually the one to do it first.

Back