Jersey trails?

I live in New Egypt, NJ (Northwestern Ocean County)and there's about 5 of us around town that go out in the pines just about every weekend. We are right on the edge of "the pines" and if anyone is heading this way just give me a shout and we'll get together.[addsig]

firemanharry

Posted: Jun 13, 2003 - 01:06 AM
I live in New Egypt, NJ (Northwestern Ocean County)and there's about 5 of us around town that go out in the pines just about every weekend. We are right on the edge of "the pines" and if anyone is heading this way just give me a shout and we'll get together.

THAT,,, IS JEEPZ!!!

Please post a link to your pics, once you meet..

Jeepz Over Jersey,

Has a very nice 'ring' to it.
:-D

[addsig]

Looks like you need an arb snorkle to go to the pines. I would like to visit there some day. Can you tell me more about the post about the police bothering people on some trials. I thought its legal to trail there.[addsig]

There are LOADS of places to ride where they won't bother you. The place we are talking about is George's Rd. which is right off of the parkway. I guess since it is so easy to get to there's TONS of people that went there. A few months ago some kids got hurt on quads and had to be flown out. I've heard that since then the police have taken it upon themselves to patrol it. There's still about a million acres of pines to ride on, some of it not that exciting but it beats the hell out of pavement. As for needing a snorkel, most of the bad spots have a little road around them. :lol:

edited by: firemanharry, Jun 14, 2003 - 06:58 PM[addsig]

I am jealous, I might have to take a road trip
and head that way.....well maybe only in my
dreams right now- but let us know how the jeep cleaned
up .... :-O [addsig]

I am jealous, I might have to take a road trip
and head that way.....well maybe only in my
dreams right now- but let us know how the jeep cleaned
up .... :-O

J, Hope you got a trailer big enough for mine too.
Wait a second it's rained the first time in a while the last
two days. Bet the Creeks, up a bit :-D[addsig]

So the question is when are we going?????
I am ready when you and Kena are ....... :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

i used to live in northwest jersey for 15 years in sussex county...although i wasnt even old enough to drive a jeep (haha), my brother and i went out on some trails with his truck. what else can ya do with 20 acres? but there are probably some awesome spots considering the apalachian mountains and all, but they're probably just mostly blocked off for vehicles. i know i wasnt much help, but no matter where you live, as long as you own a jeep you'll find an adventure[addsig]

Hey... you want pines runs? I'm all for it.. so long as everyone is willing to be responsible and not tear the place up, I'll ride with ya, hell I'll even act as guide... I believe in the Tread Lightly philosophy and am a member. We go out all the time to have fun, probably going out again this coming saturday if anyone is interested... i have more pics on my site too,...

The Wulf's Den

if anyone is interested in a ride, drop me a note and we'll get together. Idt is technically illegal to wheel inthe pines, but if you are not tearing the place up (like in those mud pics PAsmokeater posted) they leave you alone....

Everyone should have a CB for a ride though.... plus it comes in handy otherwise anyhow...[addsig]

Back