Just got new tires: vibrations at 45

ScubaDude

N my old tires my jeep would bounce while going 55-60 mph. I decided to get new tires and they run well. My jeep uses a little more torque to pull it off but I like the overall ride. I recently noticed that if I accelerate to 45 or hold the peddle at 45 I get a humming and slight vibration... It stops as soon as I exceed 48 or so. It doesn't do it if I'm decelerating. Originally I figured it was just the added torque I was using but it doesn't do it at higher speeds. Should I be worried or is this probably negligible?

you always had an issue at 55-60 but you got new tires and it vibrates at 45? i would look at all the front end parts and make sure all the castle nuts are tight and anything that could come loose is tight. then i would get my tires rebalanced.

you might want to retorque the tires if you diddnt put them on yourself, i had an awfle death wobble with stock suspension just because the people who put my tires on diddnt torque em on correctly

What type / size tires?

When I got my last set of tires there was a vibration. I looked at them, and the rear tires had no weights on them (probably strange for a 33). I took it back to the shop and they said that the weights probably fell off between the shop and my house....

TerryMason said:
What type / size tires?

When I got my last set of tires there was a vibration. I looked at them, and the rear tires had no weights on them (probably strange for a 33). I took it back to the shop and they said that the weights probably fell off between the shop and my house....

ha lol nice mine are 30"

get the tires re-balanced, and make sure the lug nuts or torqued down. You might also want to check to make sure the alignment is good. If the tires are too different from the old ones you might need to have the front end re-aligned.

Back