keyless module location

sickem

sorry if this is repated but i did a search and found nothing.

where exactly is the module for the factory keyless entry in my
02 grand cherokee laredo 4.7l

my alldata doesnt show the location and i wanted too see if it was removed by any chance ( just bought it used)...the keyfab isnt with it either.the dealer said it has a module but when i tell them i work at a garage they get all ****y and tell me to figure out the location myself. lol

Also does this system mean the car has a audible alarm or is it just lock and unlock
thnaks,
8) joe

The Remote keyless entry module is located in the pasenger door. The module is known as the passenger door module. If you disconnect this module, it might render the entire power lock system inop.. The audible intrusion alert is a programmable feature thru the body control module and activated thru PDM. If this vehicle has a gray key, it's equipped with a skim module which is a security feature that disables the vehicle if an unprogrammed key is used.

ok good to know. i do have the gray key.
so with the audible alarm do i ahve to go to the dealer to enable that function. i cant quite understand how you are saying the audible alarm could work. thanks
joe

Unless you have access to a DRBIII (Chrysler scantool) the dealer should be able to enable and disable several features on your Jeep.

ok thank you very much,
if you dont mind my asking what other features can they enable.?
and why do they have those certain features disabled?

They are considered as a customer preference so that the customer can have the option of choosing these features if it's available. Some prefers that the locks don't actuate to the lock position when the veh. reaches 15mph and above, some don't like the horn to actuate when the lock button on the remote is pressed. Just a few examples of the features, again, only if it's an option available on the module to be chosen.

Back