Last person to comment wins $20

Broken cell phone. First time. :( Just the back of the case, but I feel so irresponsible. Woe is me.
Although I love my i4 , I think someone thought it would be like a cruel joke to make it from glass so that money will inevitably be made in replacement parts , along with the endless accessories and bling. Don't feel bad though , I've seen so many damaged iPhones it's become commonplace. You'll never be outcasted for it. But I'm tough on myself like that too.

Last edited:
That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Cell phones that can't be dropped. Back in the flip phone days and earlier I can't tell you how many Motorola phones I dropped, kicked, threw and left on top of the car and never had any damage except maybe a scrape on the corner. Now, iPhone spends a fortune (and charges a fortune for) on the design of their flagship phone. It looks great but if you drop it and the corner or edge of the glass (on the front AND back mind you) hits the ground then it shatters and costs an arm and a leg to replace. $60 to replace the one on my daughters 4s and my wife has the new 5s and if she breaks hers it's over $100 to replace the front glass. So why do they even bother designing them in different colors when you have to cover them up with a case anyway. And if you don't then you are just living on the edge and are braver than I. I've always bought the smallest/slimmest case I can find that covers all the edges and I've been lucky so far. I have dropped it a few times but no breaks, yet.

iPhones. Love them and hate them.

I have an otterbox case, but of course it just happened to be off when I dropped the phone.

New glass@ the Apple store near Cinci costs ~$150 with a 90 warranty. If they cannot fix $250 for a new device.
They run the service like a restaurant. Show up. Make a reservation. Check in at reservation time. Do not be late or you make a new reservation. Wait at a table for your server. Place your order repair. Leave for 20 min to an hour (depending on how busy they are or how long the repair will take). Check in to pick up order. Wait at another table for your server. Pick up order and pay.

Shop in the Dayton mall puts new glass on for less than $100

Maybe but if it can't be fixed could you trade it in at that point? And common price I've found for the display is 75 to 110. Plus this video on how to in 3 min.

image-missing.png

They won't take a trade on a cracked phone even though it works just fine. I bought a 5s. Gonna take the 4s to the mall to have a new back put on and then take it in for a rebate later.

HTC thunderbolt with protective case seems pretty brutey-tuff.

Anyone familiar with the Homestead area of Miami? How far from the beach? Are those beaches nice? Clean area? What's the cost of living?

Anyone familiar with the Homestead area of Miami? How far from the beach? Are those beaches nice? Clean area? What's the cost of living?

Darn girl ya got it going on, travel the USA in a jeep and make money. I'm jealous.

Ahhhh she went old school on us for a minute, my bridges collapse once in a while also.

I did google it. Google doesn't tell me Miami road conditions or traffic patterns. 20 miles doesn't mean 20 minutes. I can look up how far from Homestead to Key Largo, but maybe there are little beaches that are nicer and less populated that I don't know about. Helps to ask ppl who've been there. But thanks for the wise-ass comments.

Now,now, no reason to get upset. The road conditions are terrible, the traffic pattern is totally confuseing. There are some really nice beaches, just gotta watch out for the gators. Enjoy.

Gators ? I thought that was only a croc ! Sorry , I couldn't resist. The way our weather is getting in the northeast , Florida is looking better every year . Just don't move next door to Tony Montana .

Back