Leaky 93 Wrangler

Captaintek

I have a problem with my 93 Wrangler leaking when it rains. No, my soft top does not leak. The water is coming in somewhere under the dash. It is not a large leak, but now I have noticed rust forming just forward of the door on the bottom of the body and I keep a sponge in the cab to bail out the excess water when it rains. I have replaced the gasket at the base of the windshield, but that did not seem to help. I have seen a lot of Jeeps with rust there, so I know that I am not alone, but I would like to fix it before I have to order some of the "Aluminum Diamond" replacement pieces from J.C. Whittney.

Any Advice?

Mine leaks also. I've replaced my windshield frame seal a couple of times and it still leaks. Most likely your drain hose inside the cowl for the heater intake is plugged with dirt, mud, leaves ect. You can find the hose under the hood against the firewall. Just pull it off and clean it out. I also found water coming in where the horizontal part behind the hood where your air intake is for your heater meets the vertical part just under the windshield frame (best way I can describe it). There is seam selaer in there that cracks over time allowing water to come in behind the dash. Mine also leaks where the doors meet the windshield frame. I made more of a seal down the sides of the windshield frame with silicone so the doors will seal better. You can also try adjusting your doors or windshield frame for a tighter fit.

Craig said:
Most likely your drain hose inside the cowl for the heater intake is plugged with dirt, mud, leaves ect. You can find the hose under the hood against the firewall. Just pull it off and clean it out.
That'd be my guess. Mine was filled with all kinds of nasty crap from leaves to dead bugs. It cured my problem with water under the dash.

Note: dont be under the Jeep when you un-plug the drain hose....not a pretty sight. Another reason not to be drunk while tyring to work on the jeep alcohol impairs your judgment. .

My Jeep is leaky too. I have checked the drain hose, but it was clear. What else should I check? I have a '95 YJ.

fold the windshield down and there is a seal that runs along the bottom - my old 91 leaked there - i took some 1" x 1/4" weatherstrip and sealed it up - no more dash leak - thats probably the culprit (especially if you fold your shield down occasionally) my $.02 hope it helps...

Back