Let's see some nice CJ pics please.

Trish, not to worry, this Texas girl don't scare very easily. I'm usually the scary one.:lol:

No no you said nothing at all that was offensive. I thought it was hilarious. You just keep being you and don't worry about me. You don't know me yet, but it wouldn't take you long to figure out that I am the queen of jokesters and anything to get a good laugh. I'm glad I joined this forum because there seems to be a LOT of good people with a great sense of humor. I really enjoy that. We all gotta exist in this crappy world together so we may as well all be happy, right???

P.S. the only thing that really scares me Trish is that my Rubicon may not be able to keep up with that really nice CJ-5 with them huge swampers!!!! :D

Well, that being said, it is probably best we have a few miles between us, could probably do much damage to any given town, just passin through!
(would still like to give it a go sometime!)
Im sure your Rubi can hold its own, but truthfully, my CJ scares ME sometimes! :p
Dont follow me into a mud pit, Ive got SPS (skinny pedal syndrome)
Anyway.......
Still no rear bumper shots?
Why you gotta play me like that Lisa? :D

i know you said nice cjs and mine is anything but that. but its what i got. its been built and rolled and then gutted and is in the middle of the rebuild.

Attachments

• 0428091718.jpg
    0428091718.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 864

i know you said nice cjs and mine is anything but that. but its what i got. its been built and rolled and then gutted and is in the middle of the rebuild.

What ch'a talking about, it's already looking nice!

thanks for compliment. i just hope when its done it looks half as good as the one youre wheelin in. thats a sweet lookin machine.

78' CJ7, 304 V8, TH400, QT case, 4" lift, 33's, currently gettting torn apart for Wagoneer D44's, 727 with D300, SOA, YJ/Waggy hybrid leaf packs and some 37's

3530745693_31caf6de0c.jpg

How it looks right now

Last edited by a moderator:

There's some nice Jeeps in this thread. I'd like to get a CJ with a V8 someday.

V8's are fun to have, but hard on the wallet:cry: If it doesn't have a V8, just gear the crap out of the axles and transfer case:lol:. I had an 88' Samurai (1.3 liter 4 cyl, 66 HP) with 5.13's and 4.16:1 TC gears and it would climb tree! On the road it still got something like 30 MPG! I loved that truck.

3614630322_5bd858ed73-3.jpg

Here's another poser pic, about as clean as it's ever been in it's traill beaten life!

...I had an 88' Samurai...

Interesting thing you brought up, me and some buddies were talking a couple weeks ago about their recent Uwharrie trip. They went rock crawling and they both drive some pretty built-up 4x4's, of which one is a Jeep Wrangler with more mods than I can ever dream of. They were talking about this gnarly rock face they couldn't get over, but they said a guy came in with what looked like a bone-stock (except lift and tires) Samurai and climbed right up and over the obstacle on the first attempt.

I will never look at Suzuki Samurais the same way again :D In fact, I'd like to get one to compliment my YJ; I could definitely use the fuel efficiency :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yeah, mine had the gearing and still got great MPG's. At the Badlands and when I lived in KY, I went places the some of the tube-buggies couldn't go. Mine was setup with a SOA, stock YJ leafs, miss-link shackles, long-travel shocks, 33's on Beadlocks, lockers frt and rear, Trail Tough Hybrid rear axle (used Sidekick 3rd member), 5.13 R&P's, 4.16:1 transfer case gears. Most parts I got in trade from an earlier CJ on 1-tons project, so I think I only had like $2500 in it. Made some guys real MAD when i drove it to the trails, watched them unload $30,000+ rock-buggies from trailers, and go places they couldn't and drive it home. I loved to watch their buggies articulate and crawl, but it doesn't take a million dollar rig to tackle most trails. Just my 2 cents:D

cj,s used to be cool to me till i got my nuttnutt 4cyl.4speed,4x4,4wheel independent suspension waterproof ignition m151a2 military components.street legal.:shades:

it sounds incredible
\

i like vintage stock vehicles.

WTF is a nuttnutt?

Last edited:
Not a driveway queen.
Since pictures.
ARB replacing power lok in front
27 to 33 spline Cro moly axles wi larger U joints in Dana 30
Howell TBI fuel injection
Icom 2m 440 opened up
Pinion axle correction.
J.B.

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 215
  • jeep 4.jpg
    jeep 4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,023

Attachments

• is_00031.jpg
    is_00031.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 178
  • is_00032.jpg
    is_00032.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 175
  • is_00011.jpg
    is_00011.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 181
  • is_00012.jpg
    is_00012.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 184
  • is_00013.jpg
    is_00013.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 155
  • is_00024.jpg
    is_00024.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:

Lovely photos Lisa (I like the Jeep too)
Let's see, this was my first rig, back in '85
3534008148_7cf254cf0c-1.jpg

Had a lady friend in those days whom was an excellent freehand artist, did an interpretation of the wolf on the 'Steppenwolf Live' album on both sides of the hood.
3213485433_498b2b0f55-1.jpg

My current rig, 'Black Betty' from the song of the same name. A work in progress to be sure.
Have since added a winch and some other goodies
5367669524_e1d34a2752_z-1.jpg

the first few pics have wisconsin plates on the jeep and then the last pic has texas truck plates but the pics all seem to be in the same driveway/yard?

you up in east texas? all those trees reminds me of livingston and that section of texas, rubijeepchick04.

your cj looks just like my yj but round head lights.

Back