Liberator AT tires? Thoughts?

anthonyp

Anyone have experience or thoughts on the Liberator AT tires? I'm looking at some 31x10.5x15's. The Liberator AT is only sold at Walmart. I do know it's made by BFG which is a subsidiary of Michelin. It also has 16/32's tread to start in this size. I don't need a mud terrain tire. But I'd like something with decent wet traction (Florida rainstorms). I do go off-road here and there but it's mostly sand dunes, light trails, some limestone roads/hills. They'll be going on 15x8's. I've checked the web and searched the forum and there is very little feedback out there that I can find. The most consistent comment is "best tire for the price." Price is always important (not to mention WalMart's rotation/balance/road hazard policy) but I don't want to be crying about this decision down the trail.
Thanks!

I run those on my ZJ with a four inch lift on stock rims. I have no complaints. Its a DD but I they have done good in snow and in the desert. I did play in the mud once with them with no problems either, but I'm not much into muddin. Overall not a bad tire for the price.

4.0L operating temp

I had a set of 215/75 on my YJ and I didnt like them. They werent very good in rain, or snow. Never really tested the offroad but i doubt they wouldve been very good offroad either.
Mike

Back