Lift kit YJ

zatog

Hey everyone i was just wondering about what type of lift kit should i go with. And what size lift i should go with. any ideas? let me know.

All depends on you and what you plan on using it for. If its your daily driver and only hits the trails on weekends or maybe once a month I wouldn't go bigger than 33" tires.

Lots of good kits out there, read some reviews. Its hard to get opinions about what kits are better. I had a skyjacker in my TJ and hated it...Then again another guy might love his. My XJ had a Rubicon Express and I really liked that one. I'm looking around at lifts for my 88 wrangler and leaning to OME or BDS. Read lots of reviews, see what is a more complete lift or what else you may need and pick

As stated, the first thing you need to ask yourself is what do you want your Jeep to do... The more capable the rig is offroad, the more unconfortable it is on road. Mine was built to takle 600 mile road trips every 3 months, and still be able to do some seriour wheeling, and so far, the Rubicon Express kit has wokred as advertised. I have no ill manners on road, and I have outwheeled 4.0L jeeps on 38 boggers by simply picking better lines.

And if you think 33's will not do the trick, try these examples on for size:

First a pic of it clean:

DSC00379-1.jpg

Now the action shots:

DSC03285-1.jpg

DSC01219-1.jpg

DSC07335-1.jpg

image-missing.png

DSC07330-1.jpg

Notice the 4.0L Jeep on 38's stuck in the mud...

Back