Looking for a Weber Carb

sjlane

Hey anyone have a good used Weber Carbuerator that they want to sell.

I have a YJ 89 Wrangler 6 cylinder.

Thanks.

I have done a lot of research on carbs for the 258, and the Motorcraft 2100 is a great option. I don't have any experience with the Webers, but I've read they can be really finicky.
The 2100 is great. They come about a dime a dozen, rebuild kits are $20ish, and you can rebuild them in 15min. The 1.08 venturi is the best size 2100 for the 258.
Sorry for the infomercial, but I have one, and it's great.

I have a weber carb I will be taking off of my jeep in the next month or so. I live in California and it is not a legal Carb for me to have on my jeep.

OK - How was it working for you! Did you feel that you saw the improved gas mileage and preformance? How much do you want for it + shipping to PA?

Thanks
Joey

The weber carb was on the Jeep when I got it from the seattle area. I have had no problems with it since I have had the jeep (82 CJ7). It may be a while before I take it off of the Jeep. I still have to get my replacement parts. The California DMV has given me untill April to fix my smog problem. You are correct it is an illegal carb here in California. Make an offer and I will see how much I can ship it for if you are interested. You can also email me at dpobittle@yahoo.com.

OK I also have lead locally in PA on the Motorcraft 2100 35.00 plus rebuild kit out of a salavage yard. Going to look this week.

Thank you for the information. I actually have to go the salavage yard and look. The owner said he sure he 2100's but did not want to hunt it down himself. But, if found, 35.00 is not too bad to do so of your own leg work. I will make sure it is a 1.08.

thanks again! I will save the website to favorites.
Joey

Do not go with a weber. I have had one on my jeep since I bought it 3 years ago. What a pain. I am constantly trying to tune it right, Still haven't gotten there. Its either too lean or too rich, or doesn"t idle right, hard to start. You get the picture. If it is a daily driver get a howell fuel injection or swap in a 4.0L head and injection system. More inition work but much better reward.

Hey Megamole, have you changed your fuel pressure? I've read that the Webers should be set at a certain psi for best performance. At least that's what I've read in some forums.

By the way, does your name mean Mega mole as in Avogadro's Number?

Yeah I have the pressure at 3 1/2lbs. After this weekedn it seems better, spent like 2hrs playing with air/fuel screw and timing. Name is just something i made up from a college nickname.

What a pain. I am constantly trying to tune it right, Still haven't gotten there. .

,, spent like 2hrs playing with air/fuel screw and timing. .

Why?
If you have a timing light and tachometer and an engine in reasonably sound condition ie steady vacuum there is no reason one should be unable to properly tune a Weber.
Unless of course it's that newer 34 DGEC. If thats the carb you've been working on, sorry it is too bad they get so much money and those users seem to get so many troubles. Can't help with that one, if its a DGV series I will try.

... spent like 2hrs playing with air/fuel screw and timing.
Did you use a vacuum gage? They work really well if you know what to look for. Make sure you have it hooked up to the manifold and not your vacuum advance port in the carb. I bought one at Sears for $30 or $40.

Also, I would assume you have a timing light. I bought a vintage light off ebay for $20 so they can come cheap.

Back