Looking for opinions on a purchase.

Zaknafien

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of buying my first jeep! I have been looking through the private sellers on autotrader and craigslist, and I seem to have found a pretty solid candidate, but Id like to get some professional opinions on whether I should actually purchase this one, or continue looking

The seller has a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 87000 miles on it for sale for $23,000. I have looked at the KBB for this paticular model and his price seems to be only 3k above the average for the condition it is in. It also comes with many aftermarket parts, such as a 4 inch lift, oversized tires, Frame mounted grill guard, and a full light bar. It also has an excellent sound system, although Im not considering that in terms of performance and reliability.

The Carfax shows that the vehicle has had perfect maintence on it thus far, and has had only 2 owners.

Here is a pic:
image1_zpse0031db3.jpg

Please let me know if this is a good/bad purchase or not, and if it you think its a bad purchase, please let me know why, and how I can do better looking in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Book value through Kelly or any other of them is dealer prices. With those prices you get a warranty, Temporary plates, all of the paper work taken care of and a free cup of coffee while you wait. Will you get this from the seller?

$23k is too high. The aftermarket price of additions, such as the lift, does not increase the value, esp considering you can buy a brand new lift for a grand or less. When my '06 LJ was totaled a year ago, the insurance company gave me almost $19k and I was the sole owner with 60k miles on it. I had several modifications, including a 4" lift, and the receipts for every one. I cannot think that your private seller would have much to offer that would make his Wrangler more valuable.

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of buying my first jeep! I have been looking through the private sellers on autotrader and craigslist, and I seem to have found a pretty solid candidate, but Id like to get some professional opinions on whether I should actually purchase this one, or continue looking

The seller has a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 87000 miles on it for sale for $23,000. I have looked at the KBB for this paticular model and his price seems to be only 3k above the average for the condition it is in. It also comes with many aftermarket parts, such as a 4 inch lift, oversized tires, Frame mounted grill guard, and a full light bar. It also has an excellent sound system, although Im not considering that in terms of performance and reliability.

The Carfax shows that the vehicle has had perfect maintence on it thus far, and has had only 2 owners.

Here is a pic:
View attachment 20404

Please let me know if this is a good/bad purchase or not, and if it you think its a bad purchase, please let me know why, and how I can do better looking in the future.

Would you prefer a 2013 with 4k miles for under $40k? Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 4 door lifted

Back