Manuel Oil Gauge

xt master

I have a 97 TJ with a nice 4 banger..lol

I been having issues that my oil pressure drops to 0 at idle after the engine is warmed up.
I want to install a manual gauge to see if it is the sending unit or pump.

Is there already a spot on the block to install it and where would it be located?

I wouldnt think there is a spot for a manual unit. Others need to chime in on this one, but your jeep is computer controlled and if you go to a manual unit it may throw a code, IDK.

I want to leave the electronic one.I just dont trust it so I want to add a manual as well so I can compare.

You can add one but im not famillar with the tj engines so I can tell you where to put it. sorry, im sure someone will chime in soon that does know.

a quick google search, i.e I didn't do a bunch if research, says its right in front of the distributor. or at least that's where the sending unit is.

Found it.a pain to get to.had to remove cai and air conditioner compressor.I did have to add a t block so factory and Manuel would connect.factory reads about 20 lbs under the Manuel gage.

ForumRunner_20120602_131004.png

P.S.
Been awhile since I posted,love the new layout and the app seems to work a lot faster.

where did you end up finding it at? and I agree love the app. don't even post on the normal page anymore. only the app

Passenger side of block in front of distributor below ac pump.

Back