Mc 2100

808CJ7

Just ordered a mc 2100 from mike on e-bay. Sick of the Holley 2 bbl. I have now. Always stalling out Offroad. Any one running a mc 2100 on a 258. How's it work on inclines and off camber situations?

I just started my swap tonight. Got the old carters off and having trouble getting the old studs out. Will resume tomorrow. Keep me posted on your progress. As for inclines, I have heard nothing but good things. ( except for weber fans). HA HA.

Hey, I also ordered mine from mike on eBay, he sent me a 4bbl to 2 bbl spacer. Not sure about yours but I needed a 2bbl to 2bbl.

I just ordered the carb. Itself. I have the adapter and linkage already. Tried the weber also, it's alright but had problems with the idle. Thought about t.b.i. But that cost more than what I brought the jeep for. Oh well I guess well see what happens.

I guess with the holley you already got rid of most of the vacuum lines? I am not as sure as I want to be as to what to hook back up and what to get rid of. I know I need to hook the distributor vacuum back up. It's gonna be trial and error for me. That's the beauty of a jeep. Get your hands dirty and learn. Nothin better than fixing this yourself. Kills me to pay a shop to fix something as basic as a 30 yr old motor.

absolutemoon said:
I guess with the holley you already got rid of most of the vacuum lines? I am not as sure as I want to be as to what to hook back up and what to get rid of. I know I need to hook the distributor vacuum back up. It's gonna be trial and error for me. That's the beauty of a jeep. Get your hands dirty and learn. Nothin better than fixing this yourself. Kills me to pay a shop to fix something as basic as a 30 yr old motor.

Ha ha true that. Yeah mines only got the distributor and PVC lines hooked up, everything else went to the dump. It's going to take about a week for mine to come in so I'm sure you'll be out havin a good time with yours. Keep me posted

Does anyone happen to know if I have to bypass my computer after I swap the carters with the MC 2100? I think it's called the "nutter bypass". No hurry for an answer as I just sheared of a stud from the old carb. I think I'll be drilling most of the day. Anyone have any tips on getting this sucker out? Feel free to weigh in.

Attachments

• image-1229438225.jpg
    image-1229438225.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 276
carefully drill it out and retap it.. or they sell easyouts, I have a couple but thankfully have not had to use them so I cant say how they work. I think the idea behind them is to drill a small hole in your broken off bolt and run the easy out down it and it grabs the metal and backs out your bolt.. I have no idea if they work well though. their cheap, 4,5 bucks at local autopart store.

Went and got an easy out. Check out the results. A broken easy out that wasn't so easy. Now I am really scratching my head. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image-3108028111.jpg
    image-3108028111.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 230

Oh geez, so much for how well they work. now i feel bad for even suggestiong it. Is the easy out stuck in the bolt as well or can you get it out? Lord, IDK. If you got it at autozone or the likes (thats where I got mine) maybe they are poor quality and somewhere like napa, smyths, would have stronger better quality ones. I know not to try mine now, thats a bummer. If I was at your point, I would just drill the bolt with one size smaller drill bit, I have had the heat from drilling the bolt loosen it before, not requiring a retap. I ran a tap through it anyway just to clean out the threads. good luck and keep us posted.

Don't feel bad. It was my only option unless you consider beating the crap out of it. Going to lowes to by a dremel with a carbide burr and grind it out again. I'll keep u posted. Hey look, another grey hair on my head. Where could that have come from? Jeep owners understand.

Just got back from lowes. Wouldn't you know it, I'm on my way home and the wife hits me with a grocery store list. Need one hour to charge the dremel and away I go. Talk soon.

Ok. Another potential issue. You can tell I'm not with it today. Dremel cutting bit makes sparks. I am doing work over the intake in my garage!! Might have to rethink this.

absolutemoon said:
Ok. Another potential issue. You can tell I'm not with it today. Dremel cutting bit makes sparks. I am doing work over the intake in my garage!! Might have to rethink this.

Did you use the largest possible easy out? Use one of the studs you removed as a reference. As long as you don't mess up the threads it should come out. And soak that sucker with a good penetrating oil

Broke off easy out so it was flush. That eliminated the sparks from the cutting wheel. Using a carbide burr bit to gring out the rest of the not so easy out and will retry with a larger one. Keep your fingers crossed

Alright, Been at this for about 8 hrs and getting nowhere fast. Time to step back and re-energize my brain with a couple of cold ones. I seem to think better that way. Update to come tomorrow

I have had luck with drilling and taping it. get a small set of carbide bits about 10-15 bucks for cheap one's, which is all you will need for this. Start with very small bits working your way up to the correct size. You can stick the bit in one of the other holes and put some tape around it so you know how far down to drill, then run the tap down it and it should work.

I am still trying to get the rest of the "not so easy out" out. That's a bi$$h.

Back