Met a guy in a Rubicon last nite....

Green97TJ

It was sweet... pull into walmart and i see this rubi... so i tried to park as close as i could to it. The guy is getting out and sees me getting outta my jeep. Well we get to talking, and i think we're going to go wheelin sometime now. Sweet huh??

That is sweet and the funny think is I have a similar story. I was going to the Walmart in my neck of the woods about two weeks ago and as I was pulling in I noticed a red Rubi parked all by itself in the back of the lot. So I decided to crusie on by it and as I came up on it I noticed it had 30 day tags on it. Then just as I was about to pull along side it started to move and I noticed through the tinted hard top that a chick was in it. She drove off and never even noticed me checking out her rig.

i think walmart is the place to meet jeepers. i met a guy at walmart and went wheelin with him. he also has a rubicon!!!! along with his fleet of jeeps. i think he has 5, and he was a great guy to wheel with, and willing to share knowledge and experience to newbie wheelers.

Somebody drives a Rubicon in my area, and every time i drive by him, he doesnt wave or anything. Somebody like that doesnt deserve to be driving a Rubicon, no Jeep Spirit, oh, and i've never seen its top down either. He should have just bought himself a Liberty.

I was at a jeep dealership and noticed that some of those Rubicons come with MTRs! I would hope so for 30k.

They all come with MT/R's. It is standard equiptment. If some one tries to sell a rubi that does not have either MT/R's, locking differentials, rocker skid plates, It is just a sport with rubi stickers!

I have a huge case of rubicon envy, so I put a rubicon sticker on the hood of my 94 YJ!!

I can't wait. In 3 yrs those Ruber's will be "used" and half the price. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

I cant wait for the first roll overs/wrecks to start showing up at the local junk yard :twisted: , then I will have what I need.....

its a love hate thing... would love to have one, would hate to have to pay what they're asking for 'em

jeepdude832 said:
its a good price if you did the mods yourself on a new jeep it would be way more

but whats the fun in buying it already built :D .(this coming from a guy with a stock YJ :wink: )

how can you keep water out of your differentials?

I dunno, I paid 17K for my X, rubi's goin for about 29K. 12K is pretty pricey for a pair of D44's, an electric locker, mag's w/ 31" MTR's, and a steeper t-case. Used rubi's will be a good deal, and new rubi's once the hype has worn off will be a good deal, but right now the dealers just don't have to deal any on the price.

What do you mean steeper tcase, I thought it had the 241 with the SLE as part of the package. Do you mean 4:1 steeper? I want one of those Tcases for my TJ

Joopin\' said:
I was at a jeep dealership and noticed that some of those Rubicons come with MTRs! I would hope so for 30k.

Just imagine the Jeep you could build if you had 30K to blow! I just don't get it :roll:

Jeeps cost the same to upgrade no matter CJ,TJ,YJ. Its just how much you want to ante up before you start :D

Today after leaving my Gf's house, i come to a red light. and to my amusement a Red TJ pulled up next to me. We were cruising next to each other and i felt a nice bond...sounds wierd, but you all must know how i feel? we just looked at each other and waved, like we knew we were friends, and i know i'll prolly never see him again, but it was sweet...damn sweet.

Back