Midwestern Wimps

I have been watching the Weather Channel video clips of the havoc caused by the snowstorms in KY, IN and OH.

What a bunch of W-I-M-P-S!!!! :lol:

That isn’t snow, mate! This is snow!!!!! (My Crocodile Dundee impression.)

image-missing.png

Picture taken on January 31, 2004 in Fulton, NY. Fulton, NY is about 12 miles north of my home.

Mingez: The above is snow. Snow isn’t for fun. Snow is for moving to places other than where it fell. :wink:

Twisted: The above picture is why I got a new snowblower and also why, if you lived here, you might need to reevaluate your snow removal equipment needs. :twisted:

Tug: Trust me!!! If I could, I would move south in a hot-second! Alas, as long as the kids all live around here, your erstwhile Sergeant Preston and his mighty dog, Yukon King, will live here. :cry:

Regards,

Gadget, your lean, mean snow-fighten MACHINE!!! :mrgreen:

RE: Paragon Anyone ?

Wow thats a lot of snow. But Im one of those Midwestern wimps I guess. We got about 2 feet here. They say its the most this area has had since 1978. Most Ive ever seen.

Nathan

Green97TJ said:
Wow thats a lot of snow. But Im one of those Midwestern wimps I guess. We got about 2 feet here. They say its the most this area has had since 1978. Most Ive ever seen.

Nathan

Ahh yes, the winters of '77 and '78!! I'm sure you remember those also, Gadget!! Pretty nasty, but they still don't compare to that pic you posted (except, maybe, in Buffalo!)

Re: RE: Midwestern Wimps

Mingez: The above is snow. Snow isn’t for fun. Snow is for moving to places other than where it fell. Wink

Hahaha. It's actually snowing down here...weather has been just insane around here. We NEVER had snow drifts like that in Denver!! Yikes! :shock:

RE: New Rock Bumper and Tire Carrier

I was in Needham Mass. during the Blizzard of '78. I know snow.

I know Gadget! I was only funnin' ya. When we lived up there my dad didn't have a blower, he had a plow on the front of his truck though! I remember after the blizzard in 78 all the neighbors got together and shoveled out together, making sure the older folks and others who needed the help were able to get out alright. I was 8 yrs old and was loving all the snow and time off from school ;)

We get the occaisional noreaster here too, but nothing like that pic you posted. I couldn't imagine dealing with that :shock:

Twisted! Funny you mention the blizzard of 78. That is one of my first memories ever and of snow! I think it was around 77 or 78 we got it bad on the eastern shore. I remember playing outside in it. That was the year my brother was born, I was five years old. Thanks for the memories!

LJF

RE: Ruby locker switches.....

Well, we had some flurries yesterday......piled up a little along the edges of the sidewalks. Hmmmm.......that's um......well.......forget it.

Back in '71 we got hammered here in the Alley with almost 2 feet. Ya gotta remember, Gadget, folks that don't normally see more than 6 or 8 inches of the white stuff don't know how to react to a foot or more. In fact, in Wichita, if they get 1-2", they shut down the schools and there are accidents all over the place. It sucked being a paramedic in Wichita when it snowed!!

RE: New Rock Bumper and Tire Carrier

TwistedCopper wrote:

What was the estimated snowfall total where that pic was taken Gadget?

Harry, as best I can recall, the total for that three-day storm in the area of Fulton, NY, was eighty-plus inches. It is hard to say with certainty. The amount of snowfall in this area can vary greatly over a short distance...one of the quirks of “lake effect” snowstorms.

Check out this link for the story and another great pic:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeoa83f/oswego/storm.htm

Regards,

Cabin fevered and snow-blinded Gadget :wink:

I have to admit that these are some of the most amazing snow pictures that I've EVER seen ... from anywhere! Rumor had it that they had over 100 inches of snow in less than a week! I don't think that they could really measure it anymore ....

.... and judging from these pictures, I'd say that's probably true

(from that link)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

RE: adding a 2" lift to front

Don't discount lovely Northern MI, NY isn't the only place to get massive amounts of the white stuff (although that's a LOT of snow...

But I have to agree with ya... The night that it began to snow, I had to put up with pretty much everyone in the place "Oh now, it's snowing! This sucks! How can it be snowing? We might get a FOOT!!! This is horrible! I'll never get home..." Everyone that came hoping to lend some misery on my ear got a swift and pleasant "OK, what state do you live in, and what month is it?" Can you believe it's snowing?!? Yes, this is Michigan in the winter... We may not get the most snow in the country, but being surrounded by our great lakes does make for some quick, and very unpredictable weather, snow included...

But me, I love the snow. I love to shovel it, I love to drive in it, I love to go out back on a garbage run at work, fill my apron with snowballs, and have it out with the grill and expo line cooks :twisted: If I moved anywhere, it'd be north, where the snow sits over your head, and they actually plow the roads, rather than dumping eight inches of salt on 'em...

a little rambling from me... They say no snow, I say BRING IT!:D

Woah.... I just saw the link... as Shaggy would say: "Zoicks!"

Well that is just amazing. When I saw that picure, I assumed those were snow covered cliffs or rocks. Now in looking at the link, I see it's just snow! That is too far out! I wonder how they really did figure out where to plow. lol I bet when the snow thawed they had plowed right through fields or something?

Back