Misses and backfires when road is bumpy

Skulljeep683

I have it narrowed down to when im driving while in gear and i shift hard or when i drive down bumpy terrain, it misses and backfires and occasionally dies upon stopping, also it will have a really high idle after the backfire or miss, at which point it returns to normal upon a complete stop. otherwise at idle, or at a stand still it runs fine.

He lists a TJ in his profile, they're all fuel injected. Sounds like a short in the wiring to the crank position sensor, some even have a bad connector.

Yeah, I'd 2nd an electrical short. Check all wire connectors, connections, wires routed thru firewall. Do as many as you can safely with it running: Check-flex-wiggle-tap everything you can to see if you can get it to act up.

Yes it is injected andi did the wiggle test and nothing happened kept running fine... i also just replaced that senseor 3 days ago and it got better for the one day, and then it started up again...

Check the intake and the for leaks. Also check the TPS ace IAC connectors. If it backfired through the intake you may want to clean the TB and IAC.

Check the intake and the for leaks. Also check the TPS ace IAC connectors. If it backfired through the intake you may want to clean the TB and IAC.

it'll back fire through the intake and also through the exhaust, its violent and rapid too, dropping in 1000 to 2000 rpm intervals and launching back up to where i was running the motor.

im a bit mad at the jeep and ive renamed it Murphys Law since i cannot seem to find this problem, ive burned up my new tire fund just trying to get it driveable. hopefully i with any luck i can find the problem and im open to more suggestions guys. thanks for the input.

I've seen a lot of people have problems with recently replaced just because one nut or screw was forwgotten somewhere.... My sister actually had her oil plug bolt come out on the freeway..

Back