More CJ wheel questions

Joey-T

Finally got my Jeep home!

First off, what kind of backspacing do most of you run on your CJ's? I'll be buying some wheels soon, and was wondering what is average as far as backspacing.

Also, way back when I was a kid (we're talking mid-70's here), my dad had an old Jeep with white "wagon wheel" rims. The funny thing was, the triangles were actually heart-shaped. I thought maybe I imagined it, me being young and all, but when I was at the boneyard today, I found one of those rims with the heart shapes! Who made them, and are they still made? Does anyone have a picture of them on a Jeep?

Those were the stock wheels from jeep. Today companies sell black versions. Amreican racing has one called the AR 767 and it is a black wheel with those cute little hearts. I painted my stock wheels black and thats what I run on my jeep now.

I just went to the American Racing site and looked at those 767 rims. Those aren't them. The 767's are kinda like a "D" shaped hole. The rims I am talking about have very distinct hearts (like a Valentine's day heart).

Back