More lift problems

clydethepirate

I'm not sure what the problem is. My girlfriend says its Me! She say's I'm to pickey and want everything perfect................
Anyway, My new lift has settled about an inch since it was installed which I guess is normal?
However one side (drivers) is 1/2" lower than the other side.
If I measure the shackle bolts they are the same from the ground up.
From the ground to the bottom of the spring is the same on both sides and front and rear.
Could it be a bad spring? or is this normal? or is April Right? (surely not)
Could it be Rough Country? I know it's the cheaper of the lifts so should I get something else?
Any help is appreciated......... as always I'm still learning.

Is it the same from the ground to the bottom of each shackle? I'm assuming that if one spring was sagging more than the other, the bottom shackle bolt would be 1/2 inch off.

Take 3 measurements:
1. The ground to the center of the spring (under the axle) on both sides
2. The ground to the front bottom shackle bolt
3. The ground to your fender on each side.

1. should tell you if a tire is underinflated, etc
2. would show that a spring is sagging
3. could be a body mount, or the body is tweaked.

Body mount. Or your driveway isn't level and it looks bad. You think it is level but there is some pitch for runoff.

I had same trouble so I took mine to a place that installs lifts had them check it since it was going to need alinement any way turns out I had installed J arm upside down... Point is it doesnt hurt to get second opinion ...

I personaly wouldnt worry about it too much. One spring could have not settled as much as the others yet, you could have one shackle tighter than the others so the spring can't completly rest. Most lifts that I have installed took some time to settle completly,(about all summer). If its a fairly newer lift, I would drive it some more before worring to much about it to see if it settles in.

Back