Mr. Bush's State of the Union

Bush is the best thing that has happened to the US in a long time. Everyone is going to see how the Demoncrats communistic ideoligies will light up this part of the world.
When Ted, Hillary and Pelosi take away your rights and put the UN in control over the US don't come crying to me I only have enough ammo for myself.
:lol:

Bush is the best thing that has happened to the US in a long time. Everyone is going to see how the Demoncrats communistic ideoligies will light up this part of the world.
When Ted, Hillary and Pelosi take away your rights and put the UN in control over the US don't come crying to me I only have enough ammo for myself.

I'm conservative, but I have to disagree. I'm bout sick of Bush.

I'm conservative, but I have to disagree. I'm bout sick of Bush.

He was a darn site better than
th_algore_indexthumb__60x40-1.jpg
but he has been a big disappointment to me on the social issues like immigration and entitlements.

:roll:

And I'm sure that's why he has the lowest approval rating of any president since Nixon.

Last edited:
:roll:

And I'm sure that's why he has the lowest approval rating of any president since Nixon.

high approval ratings don't mean that your good for your people or not.

You can be just what people need and be hated and even killed for it.. if you don't believe me, ask Jesus.;)

Is it about what he thinks is right, or what the majority of Americans think is right? He works for us (or so it's supposed to be)
But I guess lamenting is pointless as many people should have made that point with their vote.

If he was governor of CA they'd have had another recall election, and would have been replaced by Schwarzenegger.

To some degree, as a president, you should have low approval ratings while you are in office, you figure that you'll **** off a certain percent of the population with each correct decision you make; and invariably, if you make correct decisions, you should not always offend the same group of people. So with each decision a certain group will dislike you for an entirely new reason.

So I would say the hallmark of a good president is wavering popularity while in office but then overwhelmingly high popularity rating once they've left office and their work can be judged as a whole. Regan would be a good example, fighting stagflation was tough at the time but now he enjoys an approval rating of nearly 80 percent. The only way to have good ratings while in office is to either be a winning war time politician (then people don't care what else happens (Guiliani and FDR for example)) or to be a complete pansy and succumb to the political winds like a tattered flag.

Then again i've been drinkin and grillin which, ironically, leads to either obscene moments of clarity or hilarity...

oh, and a good site for political comparison is http://votesmart.org/index.htm

With Obama it's all over he said he was for making all semi-auto's illegal but then voted for the protection of commerce act, which was probably based on protecting a non-second amendment related business entity, kinda like his sugarcane deal (should be lookin out for corn, beans, and sugar beets)

Last edited:

To some degree, as a president, you should have low approval ratings while you are in office, you figure that you'll **** off a certain percent of the population with each correct decision you make; and invariably, if you make correct decisions, you should not always offend the same group of people. So with each decision a certain group will dislike you for an entirely new reason.

Word, I hear you. But historically his decisions DO seem to offend the same people over and over again. It wasn't until recently that there was such immense disapproval from his own constituency. Both sides...hell, all sides are not pleased with his performance as a whole.

high approval ratings don't mean that your good for your people or not.

You can be just what people need and be hated and even killed for it.. if you don't believe me, ask Jesus.;)

Don't even compare Bush with Jesus! :roll: Apples and oranges, not to mention pure blasphemy.

And yes, high approval ratings do have a direct correlation to being good for the people. I guess if you're an illegal immigrant, then yes, Bush is the best thing for the US in a long time. I guess if you're a defense contractor, Bush is the best thing for the US in a long time. I guess if you're in the top 5% of wealth in the country, Bush is the best thing for the US in a long time. I guess if you're a supplier of military body bags and coffins, then Bush is the best thing for the US in a long time. I could go on and on and on......

So I would say the hallmark of a good president is wavering popularity while in office but then overwhelmingly high popularity rating once they've left office and their work can be judged as a whole. Regan would be a good example, fighting stagflation was tough at the time but now he enjoys an approval rating of nearly 80 percent. The only way to have good ratings while in office is to either be a winning war time politician (then people don't care what else happens (Guiliani and FDR for example)) or to be a complete pansy and succumb to the political winds like a tattered flag.

Then again i've been drinkin and grillin which, ironically, leads to either obscene moments of clarity or hilarity...

No, certain decisions will cause occasional dips in the approval rating as he ticks off various groups. But once the issue falls into the shadows, the rating goes back up. When he has ticked off nearly all of the country with the same few issues is when the approval rating plummets, as it has lately.

As to good approval ratings after leaving office, that is because people tend to forget the bad as the presidents die off, and they are praised for only the good points. I point to the Iran/Contra affair that I mentioned earlier as proof.

Bush's approval rating will only rise because he has left office.

Last edited:

Don't even compare Bush with Jesus! :roll: Apples and oranges, not to mention pure blasphemy.

I don't see that he was comparing the two of them, nor do I see how what he wrote could have been construed as blasphemous in any way, shape, or form.

And as for Obama, what on Earth has the man done that would give anyone any indication that he could lead the most powerful nation in the world? A whole lotta nuttin'.

That, and he's a freakin' liberal :purple:

Don't even compare Bush with Jesus! :roll: Apples and oranges, not to mention pure blasphemy.....

never did that.... sorry you misunderstood.:D

I was expounding upon having the general population's approval while being a leader.

I only meant to demonstrate that I was comparing the situation any president could get into.

I think it's bad to govern by opinion polls. The power of the people is in the vote and election of their local representatives.

And as for Obama, what on Earth has the man done that would give anyone any indication that he could lead the most powerful nation in the world? A whole lotta nuttin'.

That, and he's a freakin' liberal :purple:
:agree:

Oh but TC, they all say he's a charismatic young leader.. don't you see?:D

The Emperor Obama has no clothes.

I do believe the mid-term elections were an opinion poll, and the people spoke loud and clear.

that's exactly what I meant.;)

But instead of screaming "give us Barabas" they yelled "give us Pelosi"
I just hope they knew what they were asking for. Time will tell.

The changes are henceforth coming thats for sure.

But like someone else on the board said, it's every man for himself, I've got just enough ammo for me! :purple: :purple: :purple:

that's exactly what I meant.;)

But instead of screaming "give us Barabas" they yelled "give us Pelosi"
I just hope they knew what they were asking for. Time will tell.

The changes are henceforth coming thats for sure.

But like someone else on the board said, it's every man for himself, I've got just enough ammo for me! :purple: :purple: :purple:

So, you're saying it's bad to govern by how people vote.

Well, at the time of the elections, what on Earth gave anyone any indication that Bush could lead the most powerful nation in the world? His genetics? He was less qualified than Obama is now.

Well, at the time of the elections, what on Earth gave anyone any indication that Bush could lead the most powerful nation in the world? His genetics? He was less qualified than Obama is now.
Bush was not less qualified than Obama. He was a Governor. But that's not important, you're not exactly making a stong case for the guy using Bush as a barometer :lol:

Like the old phrase says:

Know your history or you're destined to repeat it ;)

Back