My oil pressure issue

dc_jeep

I have a 2001 wrangler 4.0L inline 6. Last summer I figured out I had issues with my oil pump. So I replaced it. I also had a problem with the oil pressure dropping to zero at idle. I replaced the main bearings and that fixed that issue.
So I bought this jeep used almost 3 years ago. I noticed that when I first started the jeep the 'check gauges' light would come on, then after a a few seconds, it would go off. Took me a while, before I noticed the oil pressure was at zero. I figured it was the oil sending unit, plus I had other more pressing issues. Eventually I replaced the oil sending unit, problem persists. I found several posts that said it's just the design of the 4.0 engine, just make sure the pressure is normal before you drive off.
In the last few months the issue seems to be getting worse. The time for the oil pressure to get back to above 20 lbs is increasing. I know there are posts about changing o-rings near the oil filter. I didn't see such a part in the Chrysler repair manual. I called the dealer and asked, they said my engine doesn't have such a seal.
Does anything seem obvious ? I do hear more noises in the last month, when I first start the jeep (a metal hitting metal noise). I get the feeling I'll be rebuilding the motor sooner than later ?

Back